Join for free
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 10:54 PM

oh Oscar Foxtrot

One might think that spending a few quid on cheese could be easy.I eventually found a site that did not blather on about `artisan`

Order placed-about £70

Go to checkout-all the usual stuff.

Then I get asked another security question-buggar that for a game. Do they want my business?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 10:57 PM

Re: oh Oscar Foxtrot

Originally Posted by Older git ->
One might think that spending a few quid on cheese could be easy.I eventually found a site that did not blather on about `artisan`

Order placed-about £70

Go to checkout-all the usual stuff.

Then I get asked another security question-buggar that for a game. Do they want my business?
Annoying isn't it. I can't bear all that signing in crap. I order coffee pods from Nespresso and it really annoys me that I have to agree to their terms and conditions otherwise they won't sell it to me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Annoying isn't it. I can't bear all that signing in crap. I order coffee pods from Nespresso and it really annoys me that I have to agree to their terms and conditions otherwise they won't sell it to me.

Dongle, imagine customers reactions if that happened every time you walked in a shop for something.
Imagine they wouldn't serve you until you agreed with their terms.

Same as it bugs me when at some point, you are expected to write a flippin' 'review' afterwards too.
I realise these can be helpful to other prospective buyers, but it still gets on my nerves to be quizzed on everything I buy. You don't get people lurking about in shop foyers nosing in your bag and quizzing you on your purchases, so why online?

And while I'm in the mood, even worse is phoning any customer services, and then being asked to do yet another customer service quiz on the phone afterwards.

These 'surveys' are even printed out and handed to you with till receipts now with "A chance to win £250" in their monthly prize draw!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Dongle, imagine customers reactions if that happened every time you walked in a shop for something.
Imagine they wouldn't serve you until you agreed with their terms.

Same as it bugs me when at some point, you are expected to write a flippin' 'review' afterwards too.
I realise these can be helpful to other prospective buyers, but it still gets on my nerves to be quizzed on everything I buy. You don't get people lurking about in shop foyers nosing in your bag and quizzing you on your purchases, so why online?

And while I'm in the mood, even worse is phoning any customer services, and then being asked to do yet another customer service quiz on the phone afterwards.

These 'surveys' are even printed out and handed to you with till receipts now with "A chance to win £250" in their monthly prize draw!
A lot of High Street shops now ask for your email address in the guise of providing a better customer service. Of course we all know it's so they can bombard us with pointless emails.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 10:49 AM

I know it's a pain but if I'm giving my bank details to pay I quite like a few extra security questions, might just stop anyone else using my account with the company to order their own products and me paying for it.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I know it's a pain but if I'm giving my bank details to pay I quite like a few extra security questions, might just stop anyone else using my account with the company to order their own products and me paying for it.
My bank asks for a security check number at the point of payment.
I wonder what the security question was that so annoyed you OG?

I always delete the review emails, except the eBay ones, the reviews are useful when you buy from eBay.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top