Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2010, 04:52 PM

Newspapers.

I noticed our local paper man is not doing his rounds anymore and sure enough when he was he had few customers on our road. Are newspapers going out of fashion?, I buy the 'Sun' in the morning (and the moon at night), but only for the horse racing cards, I never read it, but the Wife does. Any news I want I can get on the computer.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2010, 05:10 PM

Re: Newspapers.

We haven't taken a newspaper for years, you can't get one delivered down our country lane. I do look up the news on-line though.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2010, 06:20 PM

I think we were the last in our road to have the papers delivered, I expect the paperboy was glad because we live at the bottom of a long hill. Now we buy the Sun and local evening papers every day. I actually do read the Sun except for the sports pages.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2010, 06:59 PM

Haven't bought a newspaper for years either - get more up-to-the-minute news on the internet
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2010, 07:25 PM

I dont think Noah had reached his teens the last time I bought a newspaper.

Radio, TV or the internet supply my news.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2010, 07:28 PM

We just buy the local evening paper, any national news we get from the television or internet...
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2010, 09:20 PM

Haven't bought a newspaper for years....buy the local paper which comes out on a Wednesday. I keep up with the news on BBC's news 24.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2010, 09:40 PM

I would be lost without my daily newspaper delivery. Yes, I can get the news on the computer/TV, but not the same!! We used to be a three newspaper town, now just the Washington Post.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2010, 09:44 PM

We haven't had a daily newspaper delivered for years now. We still go and get The Times from the shop each Sunday for the crossword and bits and bobs and it takes a week to read it all, although the news is a bit out of date by Sunday - my OH likes the sports section. I also like to buy the local scandal rag (Derbyshire Times), which comes out each Thursday. Not much news in it and I sometimes think it is just habit.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2010, 12:12 AM

We have young girls doing the paper rounds delivering the Glasgow Evening Times. I don't buy newspapers but do get the Scotsman via e-mail and read it online! Also, get the Glasgow Daily Record via e-mail as well. I prefer reading papers online!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top