Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 11:22 AM

On the 'Up'

I remember a while back, someone on the forum saying they thought the site was going down hill a bit and that the number of posts was diminishing.

The reality is, there are so many new members and so many posts, I find it difficult to keep up.

Do you agree?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 11:32 AM

Re: On the 'Up'

It is the quality of the threads which is important, not the quantity; I am of the opinion the quality is declining.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
It is the quality of the threads which is important, not the quantity; I am of the opinion the quality is declining.
I disagree. There's a good mix of serious threads, jokey threads and even scientific threads. If we were serious all the time it would be like attending the double glazing salesman's AGM.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 11:37 AM

The only people who make this site good or bad are the members....... so it is up to us to post interesting things on a regular basis.
No point complaining about a forum because you are that forum
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-03-2017, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
The only people who make this site good or bad are the members....... so it is up to us to post interesting things on a regular basis.
No point complaining about a forum because you are that forum
Very true Twink.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-03-2017, 11:39 AM

So what is your definition of a good quality post?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 11:43 AM

Sometimes, it goes a bit flat on here but then it starts bubbling again!
I suppose, it's up to us to keep it lively and try to keep the atmosphere nice and happy!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
So what is your definition of a good quality post?
Something that engages in serious debate, not ones that engage in mindless name calling that some idiot posters enjoy. When I first joined the forum a while back the threads seemed sensible and worth engaging in, but now, especially on this particular board, some of the threads are pointless to say the least.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 01:05 PM

Tara, I think you will find that a topic that people feel strongly about will create an interesting debate.
Brexit did , but there is now little point in discussing that, because we can't form new opinions until the next step towards leaving is taken.
Immigration created some very strong debates, but now seems to be less of a problem. This means that we have to wait until some other political topic catches our attention and somebody starts a thread.

This is a discussion site, not a formal debating site, so I am afraid that you will always get light hearted people who make jokes about things that others post. We aren't going to change the world with our opinions, but some may find amusement in what others post..... and there are no rules here that forbid that, so we need to find threads that fit our individual needs.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 01:19 PM

Something that engages in serious debate, not ones that engage in mindless name calling that some idiot posters enjoy. When I first joined the forum a while back the threads seemed sensible and worth engaging in, but now, especially on this particular board, some of the threads are pointless to say the least.
Bit harsh Tara. We are all interested in different things. I lost interest in Brexit threads to be honest as it has exhausted itself.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top