Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 02:15 PM

Home-Truth time for Nicola?

Good for Theresa May? Speaking in Scotland, she shot from the hip and told the Scottish electorate a few home-truths that were crying out to be told - chiefly that it was about time that Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP should stop their relentless tunnel-vision obsession with independence.
She also accused the SNP of neglecting the Scottish people on public services such as Health and Education and should concentrate on that to put things right!

Personally, I think she was quite correct to put Nicola in her place. Scotland's education was once one of the most successful in Europe, now it's standards are way below those of the rest of England and places such as Poland and Rumania. That is a damn shame.

The sooner Nicola gets it into her head that Scotland can only strengthen by being part of the union, hence the reason the people made the correct decision to remain, the sooner she can start doing what she should be doing and what she is being paid to do, that is working for the good of the Scottish electorate.

What are your views on this? do you think Theresa was right in telling it how it appears to all but the SNP ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 02:37 PM

Re: Home-Truth time for Nicola?

Hi

Nicola is Nicola, nothing will change.

It is up to the Scots to vote as they see fit.

We whinge about the EU telling us what to do, us interfering in Scottish politics must be equally as frustrating to them as Juncker and Merkel are to us.

If they leave, they leave, no great shakes.

We should not be vicious or vindictive as the EU are threatening us with.

I am quite happy with a full trade agreement, a completely open Border and totally free movement between the two Countries.

The things Nicola has to sell are these.

No more Barnett Formula, so every man woman and child in Scotland will be immediately liable for £30 a week more in Tax.

RBS is ours, we bailed it out, we keep it, less any contribution the Scottish paid.

Nicola has already said the Nukes go, fine, we move them South, a massive infrastructure job, loads of new jobs in England and Wales.

Scotland will no longer have the £, a new currency of their own.

Scotland already prints it's own money, so no problem there.

I do not see what the problem is,

May should keep her nose out of Scotland and let the Scots decide themselves.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 03:09 PM

I cannot look or listen to that dreadful Sturgeon woman!
They should get rid of her, all she seems to do, is stir up and antagonise people!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nicola is Nicola, nothing will change.

It is up to the Scots to vote as they see fit.

We whinge about the EU telling us what to do, us interfering in Scottish politics must be equally as frustrating to them as Juncker and Merkel are to us.

If they leave, they leave, no great shakes.

We should not be vicious or vindictive as the EU are threatening us with.

I am quite happy with a full trade agreement, a completely open Border and totally free movement between the two Countries.

The things Nicola has to sell are these.

No more Barnett Formula, so every man woman and child in Scotland will be immediately liable for £30 a week more in Tax.

RBS is ours, we bailed it out, we keep it, less any contribution the Scottish paid.

Nicola has already said the Nukes go, fine, we move them South, a massive infrastructure job, loads of new jobs in England and Wales.

Scotland will no longer have the £, a new currency of their own.

Scotland already prints it's own money, so no problem there.

I do not see what the problem is,

May should keep her nose out of Scotland and let the Scots decide themselves.
Sorry must disagree with you Swimmy, When Nicola Sturgeon accepts that Scotland is part of the United Kingdom and not a separate country, one can then tell Theresa "to keep her nose out of their business." After all, what affects the Scottish, also affects every taxpayer over the border in England surely? Why on earth should we give this woman carte blanche to have her cake and eat it? It's well known it's in her blood and that of her party to separate from the rest of the UK, no-one tied the hands of the Scottish people when they were given a free vote whether to stay or leave. They made their decision, now she should shut her mouth, accept the vote,(same as another section here in England) and get on with doing what is best for the whole of Scotland with the state it is in, instead of the constant harping, moaning and rabble-rousing. The woman is like an irritating itch!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 04:35 PM

I just wish the Scots would make up their minds.

I understand that the majority want to remain part of the UK.

I understand that the majority want to remain part of the EU.

Obviously, they can't have both, so which is it to be?

Just let them have a clear referendum: "Do you want to remain part of the UK OR remain part of the EU?"

Then act on the majority vote.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 04:59 PM

Aside from the fact that I find Sturgeon personally irritating, I also find her stance perplexing.
She's like a dog with a bone about gaining independence from the Union of the United Kingdom and often bangs on about why the Scots shouldn't be ruled from Westminster yet she's passionate about remaining part of the European Union and seemingly happy to accept being ruled by EU decisions.

When you consider that Scotland has more representation in Westminster (59 MPs out of 650) than they do in the EU (6 MEPs out of 750) and that Scotland receives more per head from the UK Government coffers than the rest of the UK, yet is a net contributor to the EU, it seems rather contrary to want to leave the U.K. Union but stay in the European Union.

One can't help wondering if Sturgeon's passion is all about what's best for Scotland or is there an element of what will give Sturgeon herself more power & personal kudos?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 05:07 PM

I think your last 15 words of your post hits the nail on the head, about the fish woman.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

03-03-2017, 05:18 PM

Another Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, David Cameron and his monkey, Nick Clegg perhaps?
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 05:43 PM

May, giving yet another object lesson in how not to do oratory, said, “Government is not a platform from which to pursue constitutional obsessions". And every remainer in the land chorused, "Then why are you doing it all the time?" The woman is a hypocrite of the highest (or lowest) order!
Sturgeon is in a position whereby she can do nothing other than what she is doing. Otherwise she is neglecting the wishes of the large majority of Scots that voted to stay in the EU.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top