Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 12:01 PM

A busy day

Ooh I did have a bum of a day yesterday.

Started off alright, then I saw I had an email from my insurance people about this problem kitchen extension.
The building inspector said he'd help me sort it out, but that was a fortnight ago and I've never heard from him since.
So I needed to try and find him to tell him the insurance people were chasing me, and had he done anything yet.
I couldn't find him, he was out on the road apparently.

Then I lost my reading glasses.
I tried to remember everywhere I'd been the day before, and started ringing round every shop I had been in to see if they'd been handed in. No luck.
I drove down to the pet food warehouse I'd been to, but No, not there either.
I was getting really annoyed with myself.

I phoned my friend then, and she said they were at her house, so I jumped in the car again to go and pick them up, only to find they weren't mine at all!!
Silly thing is, they were a spare pair of her own!! How can you not know your own specs?
Gawd, she's worse than me.

The morning was rapidly going and my son was picking me up to go hospital visiting. The dogs hadn't been out and I was still trying to locate the building inspector plus find my glasses.

Then I got a text from my son to say our friend we were visiting had been moved to a different hospital, but the nurse who helped her pack her belongings said she could only take one bag in the ambulance. She had 4 carrier bags full.
So my son said we would have to go to the original hospital first, collect her left luggage, then on to the new place - a hospice.
Then as we were leaving, we got another text to say it's alright, the ambulance man let her take all her bags after all, so that was one journey less.

Off we go, straight into miles of hold ups for road works.
We made a quick detour only to run into more roadworks.
I thought we were never going to get there at this rate.

All turned out ok eventually. We got to the hospice alright and stayed for a couple of hours, and managed to escape the road works going home.

When I finally got home, I'd heard back from the building inspector. He will deal with the insurance today.
I even found my specs - you'll never guess where . . .
in a plant pot down the garden! They had been out all night in the wind and rain.
I remember planting out several hyacinth bulbs that had finished flowering indoors, and my specs had been on my head but kept falling off as I bent over to dig, so I took them off and laid them in the plant pot next to me, then forgot about them till next day!

Alls well. Dogs out. Glasses found. Hospital visit done.
Building inspector and insurance sorted. Phew.

Sorry, I've rambled again haven't I.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 12:12 PM

Re: A busy day

Blimey Mups, I need a sit down.......There must be 'roadworks' all over the country, our village is gridlocked every morning and evening due to 'roadworks'....I jog past miles of queueing cars when returning to village. .....Glad I'm not a courier anymore.....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 12:48 PM

Yeah, I return home two or three times a day, for the last couple of weeks there were road works on the traffic island at the entrance to the village, being four entry points to the island, they were set for a four way sequence, they were on Red from any direction for four minutes, if you arrived at the wrong time, and could not get over on the first change, you had to sit for another four minutes, going back and forth so often, I reckon I sat at those lights for about three parts of an hour a day.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 01:30 PM

That sound like the kind of day I often have Mups
I hope you have recovered now.

I am always losing my specs, I find if I stop looking they appear.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 01:41 PM

I find if l put my spare glasses on, l find the others easily!
I have this fear if l don't find them quickly, that l will sit on them and break them!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 01:42 PM

Glad I'm not the only one!
The other morning I tipped cornflakes into my mug then a pouch of cat food into Floyd's water bowl!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 02:35 PM

Blimey Mups, off to make a coffee and then I'll sit down and read this saga!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 02:44 PM

Deeply concerned about yoUr continuing decline into dotage. Them poor dogs.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 02:56 PM

Mups, l think you give the term 'a walking disaster' a whole new meaning!! Ha!

Sorry, l don't do smileys, they're against my religion...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Glad I'm not the only one!
The other morning I tipped cornflakes into my mug then a pouch of cat food into Floyd's water bowl!

I don't think you should go out on your own anymore Tess.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top