Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 03:46 PM

What Is The Difference Between Being Alive And Truly Living?

Have you ever felt that you have just gone through the motion of living and just only existed?
Or, Have you truly lived, enjoying every moment of your life and making the most of it, even when you're sad?

What would you say, is the difference between being alive and truly living?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 04:06 PM

Re: What Is The Difference Between Being Alive And Truly Living?

Life is what we want to make of it. My take on life is very different to that of many others. I am me and even though being me doesn't always make me comfortable, if I changed anything I would be me anymore, and that wouldn't be even worse.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 04:24 PM

Hi Art, I think that for those who feel they are just existing, it must be terribly sad for them. I would imagine that anyone who has lost the love of their life or God forbid, their child, or suffering with illness, be it physical or mental, could easily wear the mantle of "just existing" quite easily.
To be honest, it's not something I have ever really thought about. I love life and every day that I wake up is a blessing, so I must come under the live life to the full category.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 04:33 PM

If you have lost your 'Joie de Vivre'.

You are 'Dead But you Won't ly Down'
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 04:58 PM

Its quality of life to me , Ive been worrying about having a stroke this week my BP is up and down ,,yesterday was bad when it reached 190 /110,and i was by myself . If i finish up in a stroke state unable to care for myself or worse still unable to go out independently that would be just existing and not what i want .
Being alive is able to get up and do what i want go where i want and eat what i want .
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
If you have lost your 'Joie de Vivre'.

You are 'Dead But you Won't ly Down'
Correction!

I mean 'Joie de Vevre'
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 05:14 PM

Since 2008 I have learnt to survive and exist.
Before that life was good and I was fit and healthy.
Would I change it certainly not because I may lose what the missus and me have 2 kids 5 grandkids a dog .

Not bad for a street urchin..
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 05:33 PM

truly living means enjoying life ...laughing so much with my 2 sisters it hurts. Dancing with my Granddaughter . To be able to do want I want when I want.
Rather than just existing.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 05:34 PM

about £10m.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 05:53 PM

I've had a good life. Got two lovely kids, now grown up, friends I love, go out a lot, had horses to ride & look after. I have lived my life & enjoyed most of it. Would I change anything, no, good or bad it was & is my life. I am still enjoying it.
Life is very short, we shouldn't waste any day of it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top