Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 03:22 PM

Have I been a victim of racism?

Ok, maybe I'm being paranoid but....

I bought a phone top-up from a local petrol station at 0500hrs on Sunday....the cashier found it hard to hear/understand me through the night window....two or three times I had to repeat "£10 top up for 3 mobile"....so an hour later I try to top up the phone...no joy....I then look at the receipt and find the cashier has given me an O2 top up.

So, yesterday I returned to the garage for a refund(I had to buy another top up at the airport) only to be told to come back on Monday when a manager would be available.

|Today I returned and found I'd missed him but could catch up with him at their other site just a short drive away.

I finally caught up with him(Aswad, an Asian man), relayed the problem and was told "It's between you and the cashier, his mistake and he owes you the money"

Wrong, he is your representative, your company has the money and all I want is a simple refund.
Nope, we aren't giving it to you.....so I ask him for the Head Office contact details....he then starts to talk to the other cashier in his native language...both he and her are now sniggering....she then tells me the details are on the internet....now, this garage serves BP fuel, has a Spar shop and a Subway sandwich outlet....so who bloody owns it.

Again they converse, again they snigger and refuse to give me the details....all along the manager speaks to her and she answers with.."it's on the internet"

As I leave the site two customers express their disgust at what happened.

So, back to the original garage where the cashier is so helpful and gives me the Head Office phone number and area manager's mobile.

The area manbager ok's the refund over the phone and apologises for his manager's behaviour.

The cashier then informs me that whenever she has a complaint her manager(the guy I had the problem with)goes into a full rant and speaks to her in his native tongue.

Well, Euro Garages have lost my custom.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 03:25 PM

Re: Have I been a victim of racism?

That is dreadful Tpin.
I am glad you finally got your refund, but you should never had to chase about like that to get it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 03:28 PM

i wouls insist they speak english to start with and then take the racist route and report them to head office
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 03:30 PM

Not like me to get cross and India? has many castes. But I have my limits-Namaste and ffs helps
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
i wouls insist they speak english to start with and then take the racist route and report them to head office
I've just spoke to the regional manager....an Asian guy(Euro Garages are an Asian owned success story)who was livid and has promised a full investigation...he is going to the site tomorrow to view the CCTV...He brough up the racism issue and told me that if he finds anything derogatory was said then it's very likely the manager will get the sack.....

As a business, staff at customer level are the most important cog in the machinery...they are the first point of contact....where you form an opinion on the company as a whole.....this jerk(site manager) has let them down badly.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 03:35 PM

You should have pissed all over Their shoes with Your smelly pee...that would teach Them not to mess with t'pin
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

27-02-2017, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
You should have pissed all over Their shoes with Your smelly pee...that would teach Them not to mess with t'pin
Trust a Weegie Burd to lower the tone
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 03:37 PM

Well they've definetly been blooming rude depends what they said as to if it was racism though.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
That's made my day!!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 03:44 PM

You've definitely been the victim of ignorance and bad manners...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top