Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 11:00 AM

Could You Live In A House Where Someone Was Murdered?

I couldn't but then again there may have been murders in very old houses and you'd never know!
I see the apartment where Madeleine McCann was abducted has been sold for half its value as no one wanted to buy it.
So, would you mind buying or living in a house where someone had been murdered or it had tragic history?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 11:04 AM

Re: Could You Live In A House Where Someone Was Murdered?

I don't think it would bother me, this flat was brand new but previous flats have no idea who lived in them before us.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 11:09 AM

No difference to moving in to somewhere that a person had died in naturally.
Fred West incident was a bit different and they demolished the house anyway.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 11:14 AM

I think it would depend on the kind of murder and how gruesome it was but in general it wouldn't bother me.

Similarly an old man died in a local house one hot summer and wasn't found for months, I wouldn't fancy living there.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
No difference to moving in to somewhere that a person had died in naturally.
Fred West incident was a bit different and they demolished the house anyway.
What an opportunity missed.....if a certain brewery had bought it it'd become a Boddi's house.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 12:42 PM

Not at all - a building is just bricks and mortar.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I couldn't but then again there may have been murders in very old houses and you'd never know!
I see the apartment where Madeleine McCann was abducted has been sold for half its value as no one wanted to buy it.
So, would you mind buying or living in a house where someone had been murdered or it had tragic history?
It wouldn't worry me. Our previous property was 1610, it is quite possible someone was murdered there.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 02:49 PM

It might put me off if I knew in advance of purchasing.

A violent and bloody murder for me, might create a very difference ambience to a natural or gentle passing.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
It wouldn't worry me. Our previous property was 1610, it is quite possible someone was murdered there.
Was this the house where you had the ghosts?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 03:43 PM

I'd steer clear myself.
Inevitably as a house gets older someone will have died there through natural causes or illness. That's okay.
I wouldn't fancy inheriting a murder scene or a suicide scene.
There'd be too many bad vibes for me. I'd feel uncomfortable imagining how they must have felt in their final moments.

There's a bungalow just down the road from me where there was a double suicide. The husband helped his wife along and they found her in the bath and then he hung himself from a beam. Suicide pact due to debt.
Every two or three years that bungalow goes back up for sale.
Oddly.. the house next door had a suicide too. A chap hung himself in the woods across the road as he thought he had cancer.
Must be the area.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top