Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 07:00 PM

does the end justify the means.

While I might just see their cause as just I think they should have had longer sentences because of the levels they sunk to.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...f_Intimidation
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 07:14 PM

Re: does the end justify the means.

No Galty, I do not think their means were justified - they didn't put a stop to the animal testing did they? so they did not have a successful outcome to their campaign of hatred, violence, blackmail and evil, vicious behaviour. Perhaps the subject of animal testing rights, wrongs, etc. is a subject for a debate.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 07:24 PM

Jail them for a short term would be my view and then spend the money that it would cost to keep them in longer on a mix of public education and the concept of peaceful campaigning.

This issue is close to my heart because 30 years ago I was awarded a PhD-for what?? Killing a load of rats that I had pumped full of drugs before disposing of them?

My dream is that all the rubbish is stopped and soon there will be in vitro ways that will avoid abusing animals.

But science goes on-it`s a hard fact to swallow. Stop the rubbish and focus on means not involving animals-even a rat(I see them around my compost bin and still ask to be forgiven)
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 07:33 PM

Well said Old Git. I agree.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 07:45 PM

You get a slap on the wrist for running someone over and killing them. You might get a few months for manslaughter. A few years for murder...
but SIX YEARS for writing letters, spraypainting roads and spreading rumours?
Ain`t it great to know we have such a politically impartial judiciary... not.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 08:05 PM

Well said OG.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 10:32 PM

I agree with OG - well said.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2010, 08:18 AM

I have nothing but opprobrium for militant animal rights activists!

Without experiments on animals we would not have the medications we have today. Obviously they should be done as humanely as possible, but until other more effective methods are found on which to test medicines then animal testing must go on. I do though draw the line at testing cosmetics on animals, which aren't necessary to our health, they should be tested on human volunteers.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2010, 02:05 PM

I haven't followed that case, but as an animal lover I do get very very very angry about the way animals are treated. They are 'tortured' - and while medicine is one side and some might argue for a greater good, it's for things like cosmetics that really gets to me!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2010, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dancingsky ->
I have nothing but opprobrium for militant animal rights activists!

Without experiments on animals we would not have the medications we have today. Obviously they should be done as humanely as possible, but until other more effective methods are found on which to test medicines then animal testing must go on. I do though draw the line at testing cosmetics on animals, which aren't necessary to our health, they should be tested on human volunteers.
I agree that as yet some animal testing for genuine medical purposes has to go on -but my dream is that one day there will be other ways.

I do hope things have changed since I was involved-I used to gas rats I had finished with-then one day I woke up and thought this is no better than Auschwitz, get away, sod the offer of post Doc at Cambridge, it`s all bollux.

My only defence is that I was younger then and seduced by an offer to go on for a PhD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top