Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 11:52 AM

What? No Thread Started About The David Beckham Email Scandal!

I'm surprised, that no one has started a thread about David Beckham and his stolen emails!
It sounds like he's a bit miffed that he didn't get a knighthood and he called whoever dishes out the knighthoods, c u next Tuesday's!
It seems he was 'red flagged' by HM Revenue and Customs and this was the kiss of death to him becoming a Sir!
Now the Beckham are doing all these PR family photo shoots and think we will fall for it. Silly deluded people or what?
Oh well, every dog has its day!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 12:16 PM

Re: What? No Thread Started About The David Beckham Email Scandal!

This was last months news , and like a lot said about him all the charity work he did was for a Knighthood .
I think he and his wife are so full of themselves , I dont like them one bit ,
Shes no great singing voice , and hes a poor excuse for a footballer ........
Glad I got that off my chest
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 12:42 PM

If they can give Knighthoods to the likes of Geldhoff , Lenny Hennry,
Trevor Macdounut, James Galway and Terry Wogan for various causes why shouldn't David Beckham get one for services to sport ?
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 12:44 PM

I think the people who truly deserve knighthoods are the ordinary everyday people who work tirelessly for their charities without blowing their own trumpet.

It seems they are a status symbol for celebrities now.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I'm surprised, that no one has started a thread about David Beckham and his stolen emails!
It sounds like he's a bit miffed that he didn't get a knighthood and he called whoever dishes out the knighthoods, c u next Tuesday's!
It seems he was 'red flagged' by HM Revenue and Customs and this was the kiss of death to him becoming a Sir!
Now the Beckham are doing all these PR family photo shoots and think we will fall for it. Silly deluded people or what?
Oh well, every dog has its day!
Who cares?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 01:04 PM

Perhaps because he has done masses for charities and sport and is one person who may actually deserve a gong, if he didn't then fine have a go at him but IMO he has done more than enough. Also stealing emails ? Anyone never written a mail they would rather not have everyone see ? It's more disgraceful they hacked his emails than he wrote them tbh.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
I think the people who truly deserve knighthoods are the ordinary everyday people who work tirelessly for their charities without blowing their own trumpet.

It seems they are a status symbol for celebrities now.

The difference is that celebrities give very large amounts of money that help enable the charities to do their good works.
Not saying they deserve a knighthood for it but that's the way it is.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 01:17 PM

The more I hear about Beckham and his simpering sour faced wife the less I like them. He may have had talent as a footballer at one time - I wouldn't know - it is a boring sport - but she had/has no saving graces at all.

These days they are all for show - yes - he does things for charity - but makes damn sure everyone knows about it !

True 'celebrities' have talent and the good taste not to brag about.

The day he receives a knighthood I will know this country has truly hit the pits.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->

Exactly !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

18-02-2017, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The difference is that celebrities give very large amounts of money that help enable the charities to do their good works
They do - but not all of them brag about it at every oppotunity.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top