Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rifleman
Welling Kent
Rifleman is male  Rifleman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 08:24 AM

Hoax Or What??

Time Traveller caught on film in 1928??

Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 09:23 AM

Re: Hoax Or What??

My speakers don't work! But watched the clip! Did that man have a mobile to his ear? Funny! Reminded me of a cowboy film I saw when I was a wee girl and in the middle of a fighting scene between the Cowboys and Native Americans an aeroplane appeared

Many thanks for the clip!
Rifleman
Welling Kent
Rifleman is male  Rifleman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 09:45 AM

No problem! As you don't have sound i will try and explain a bit,

The Guy introducing it says he is a Charlie Chaplin fan and bought these DVD box sets, As you know DVD's often have extras like making of/behind the scenes etc,

He says he saw it on one of those and he thinks its a man in drag looking like he is using a Mobile phone, Of coarse these hadn't been invented in 1928!!

Could still be a hoax of some sort!!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 10:45 AM

It does look a bit strange, but for what it is worth I think the old woman is a man (because of how he walks). I also wonder if that part of the film was made when it says it was. The quality is too good. Therefore, I say hoax.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 02:37 PM

I would say hoax too
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 02:56 PM

I never got past the intro-time travel to the past is just nonsense. And time travel to the future only applies if you are some tiny particle being excited enough.

But thought waves do travel in time-how many male small articles imagined they were going to get excited only to find lager influences the time/spacial interface resulting a a total flop to their experiment??
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 03:09 PM

Very interesting Rifleman. My take on this film is, the 'Phone' is a bit too long to be a mobile phone as it comes up along his collar, also the end of his hand is slightly spread out as if he was holding one of those old black telephones with the ball-type mouthpiece, as for wires, they had powerful batteries in those Days and this could be a walkie-talkie, the coat is big enough to hold a battery. He is probably an assistant director following the action and reporting back to the director, Chaplin had all the latest gadgets of the Day.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2010, 03:18 PM

Aw, don't spoil it - I was convinced it was a Martian in a dodgy hat.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2010, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Aw, don't spoil it - I was convinced it was a Martian in a dodgy hat.
Sorry about that Eccles, I wish it was a Martian too, if you meet one be sure to let me know as I love all that mystery stuff.
june1958
Lancashire
june1958 is female  june1958 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2010, 06:37 PM

I watched a programme once where a scientist was being interviewed about time and space and he says that bending the universe you would be able to travel back in time.

June x

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top