Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 02:12 PM

Stating the Bleedin' Obvious!

Don't know whether it is just me being me, but watching the BBC news at 1 and Headline News!...... "Thousand's of people could avoid catching Colds and Flu if they took Vitimin D supplements, so says a recent research"

Okay, besides the point that anyone with one iota of common sense should already know this, what sort of salaries are these cretins being paid to enable them to come out with such drivel???
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 02:16 PM

Re: Stating the Bleedin' Obvious!

I'm on vit d tablets prescribed because my levels were so low, what they fail to tell you is you can't process vit d without magnesium ! So I've been taking these tablets for well over 18 months and not seen any progress due to lack of magnesium.

I completely agree with you they are pushing this vit d at us like we are idiots but it's them who are the real fools Nov telling us about magnesium !
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Don't know whether it is just me being me, but watching the BBC news at 1 and Headline News!...... "Thousand's of people could avoid catching Colds and Flu if they took Vitimin D supplements, so says a recent research"

Okay, besides the point that anyone with one iota of common sense should already know this, what sort of salaries are these cretins being paid to enable them to come out with such drivel???
That is NOT a proven fact!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
That is NOT a proven fact!
That's why they say "thousands" and "could" instead of "all" and "would"

These science bods have to justify their pay somehow.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 02:31 PM

THEY also claim that more people could be spared colds and flu by taking vitaminD than by having the flu jab...1 in 30 as opposed to 1 in 50... I've been researching the info half the morning, and nowhere has magnesium got a single mention!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm on vit d tablets prescribed because my levels were so low, what they fail to tell you is you can't process vit d without magnesium ! So I've been taking these tablets for well over 18 months and not seen any progress due to lack of magnesium.

I completely agree with you they are pushing this vit d at us like we are idiots but it's them who are the real fools Nov telling us about magnesium !
Ive been put on Vit D too Julie because mine was so low ,and i had a fracture in my foot , Ive not had the magnesium prescribed though.
Also having my Thyroid monitored along with it because of a link , Ive been on VitD for a month now , and im still not feeling any difference .
I have to have both retested in April ,hoping to feel some change by then .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Ive been put on Vit D too Julie because mine was so low ,and i had a fracture in my foot , Ive not had the magnesium prescribed though.
Also having my Thyroid monitored along with it because of a link , Ive been on VitD for a month now , and im still not feeling any difference .
I have to have both retested in April ,hoping to feel some change by then .
I don't want to worry you but many of us who had pain due to lack of vitamin d may never lose that pain I've been told, all we can do is try to prevent it getting worse.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 02:59 PM

I was put on vit D and calcium last year while waiting for the bone scan. Continuing on them as I have osteopenia, and I've not had a cold all winter.

So far!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 03:09 PM

Magnesium is contained in these food

Beans and nuts.
Whole grains such as brown rice and whole wheat bread.
Green leafy vegetables.

I also take Vitamin D, and one of my doctors tells me that everybody, in the UK, could benefit from a vit D supplement in the winter.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
That's why they say "thousands" and "could" instead of "all" and "would"

These science bods have to justify their pay somehow.
It might be true, but it hasn't been proven beyond all doubt apparently.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top