Join for free
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 06:36 PM

Money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkhX5W7JoWI

I have known poverty,I have know better times. It it wrong to share with others in hard times? I look after a couple of friends,not looking for patronage nor to be called a hero-perhaps a fool?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 08:28 AM

Re: Money

Apart from survival, cash ain't worth the paper it's printed on, (or plastic).
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 08:39 AM

A friend in need is a pain in the ass but yes like you OG I share if I can
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 09:39 AM

Interesting post for me OG. 30 years ago a friend came to tell me she had received a letter from her bank as she had not paid her mortgage for a while , she told me she could loose her home . She was a single mother on benefits with 5 children . I was so worried for her I took £300 all of my savings and told her to pay off the debt immediately . She thanked me and said but I can't pay you back , I replied , yes you will , one day when your life changes you can pay me back then .

A few years later she married sold her house and life changed for her in a better way . As the years went on my life changed too I was having to work at 2 jobs to cope as was living alone , yet this lady never once seemed to notice . Years later she inherited a fortune from another friend and was able to buy a beautiful home , yet I rarely heard from her .

Yes 30 years have gone by , and yes I feel let down for being so kind hearted and foolish , but at the time her situation was difficult and she was my 'best ' friend . Funny how she never noticed my time of struggle isn't it .

My mum's words come into my head over the years , a fool and his money are easily parted

Such a shame , it makes me sad to feel this way
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 09:42 AM

Ungrateful woman
you did no wrong
Write her a letter and tell her this .
She probably won't respond or deny the whole thing but you will have got it off your chest .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 09:50 AM

It is nice that now we have reached the stage in life where we are reasonably comfortable where money is concerned, we can use it to help out our children, and give to the charities we support.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Ungrateful woman
you did no wrong
Write her a letter and tell her this .
She probably won't respond or deny the whole thing but you will have got it off your chest .
Muddy , I will never ask for it or tell her , I honestly believe she completely forgot , but a lesson was learnt by me . One thing I do know is if a friend had helped save the roof over my children's head it is something I could never forget . Ahh well such is life
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 12:14 PM

I've always thought never lend what you can't afford to give, lately we've been lucky so we have passed that luck on where we can. Currently helping a neighbour on the strict idea it's given not lent but if they ever get on their feet again and can do it they will pass on that help to someone else.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
A friend in need is a pain in the ass but yes like you OG I share if I can
A friend in need is a pain in the ass-----now that did make me smile

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top