Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 12:45 AM

Twitter backlash against against celebs...

Huge Twitter backlash as luvvies call on May to let more migrants into UK...

I don't think this going to go well for them in the long run.

There are actors there whose work I genuinely enjoyed but they've gone on the list now. Fare thee well, Cumberbatch, et al.

The hypocrisy is mind numbing. Not one of them has taken a thirty year old child into their own homes.

Your views?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 01:02 AM

Re: Twitter backlash against against celebs...

They're not worried. They live in their own little bubble.

Fortunately, although they seem to have the attention of the media, most sensible people just ignore them.

Personally, I'd like to see the media stop publicising their whining and give us all a rest.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 05:56 AM

Play us another one, just like the other one!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 09:05 AM

I read that as Councils had run out of money the take in was stopped.

I can't stand the emotional blackmail aimed at the Govt and the taxpayer. We never asked them to make their way here. France is no threat to them, so they can claim asylum and a safe haven there, if that's all they want.

Celebs and luvvies should wind their necks in and concentrate on their profession, instead of poking their noses in. They don't suffer the fall out of an over populated area, so need to butt out.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 09:11 AM

I agree, just because someone has celebrity status does not give them the right or superior knowledge to preach to the rest of us!

Had to laugh at the 30 year old child comment ... So true though
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 09:16 AM

Yes, Celebs in general have an Exit option, international mobility of labour, is second nature to them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 09:33 AM

Sick of hearing these so called celebs preaching their political views. Cumberbun should spend his time going back to acting school instead of all that staring into the distance rubbish he does.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Sick of hearing these so called celebs preaching their political views. Cumberbun should spend his time going back to acting school instead of all that staring into the distance rubbish he does.
I can't even look at him or watch anything he is in!
Who do these celebs think they are? They would be nothing without the general public!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 10:56 AM

I haven't seen anything about this backlash in the newspapers. Is it only on Twitter?
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 10:57 AM

It's the so called celebs who's only achievement is being a celebrity that I find annoying. programs I avoid any with the word Brother in the title

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top