Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2017, 08:21 PM

What would you miss?

What would you miss if you went to live in another Country whose lanuage and way of life was different?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2017, 08:26 PM

Re: What would you miss?

Family.....friends.....nothing more.

In fact I can't wait for the moment I step on that plane.....it's only 2 1/2 hour flight so no big deal.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2017, 08:28 PM

Wouldn't apply to me deylon, because I'd miss everything too much to ever go anywhere else.

Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2017, 08:31 PM

Wit and play on words-Me and Jen were tempted-France or Italy. But to get by is one thing,even very well,-but that something about how us Brits can play??? Only here
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2017, 09:38 PM

I guess my question would be, "Why does anyone, if they have the choice, choose to leave their kids, grandkids, home and friends? It would mean that I would have been surrounded by a pretty nasty family and also would have had to live in a place that I disliked, for most of my life.

Vacations are fine but to leave family is beyond what I can comprehend?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2017, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by DaveA ->
I guess my question would be, "Why does anyone, if they have the choice, choose to leave their kids, grandkids, home and friends? It would mean that I would have been surrounded by a pretty nasty family and also would have had to live in a place that I disliked, for most of my life.

Vacations are fine but to leave family is beyond what I can comprehend?
Hardly leaving them....my preference is Spain....my kids virtually grew up with it being a second home....so I'm sure they'd visit

I can get to Manchester in the same time I can get to London from Manchester.....so no big deal.

I agree though when considering some move to the other side of the world.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2017, 10:30 PM

The green, green grass of home and the valleys.

If you've ever driven up the Usk Valley. you'll know what I mean.

http://www.visitwales.com/explore/so...alley-vale-usk

Scroll down a bit for a photo ...
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

12-02-2017, 10:42 PM

But.......it's full of Welsh people
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2017, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
But.......it's full of Welsh people
Everything has a downside.

There was a joke in the chippy in Crickhowell about the wonder of Wales that I wish I had noted down at the time.

It was along the lines of a chap asking God why he had given so much bounty to Wales and God answering, aye but I filled it with the Welsh.

It was so cleverly worded, I'm not in any way doing it justice.

Standing a chippy on your own cracking up is not a good look.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2017, 11:02 PM

The smell of the rain, the changeable weather, the garden, our excellent road network and highway code (makes for fairly sane driving), the wonderful supermarkets where you can buy almost anything and it's all fresh and affordable, the architecture, my lovely local park, strawberries and cream, the air....there are lots of lovely places in the World but this is a beautiful country with some breathtaking scenery.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top