Join for free
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 11:23 PM

Balls! Coloured Ones!

Where have all the Billiard Halls gone to, with all those shiny coloured balls?
There was a few in each Town. and at least you knew where the menfolk were ,because that is were they all concregated.
Also a Billiard /Pool Snooker Table in evey Pub

Some women became good at Billiards, including one of my daughters who at age 18 years could beat her Father and many other men at the game, much to their annoyance.

Computers have now taken over many people's lives, making us all less energetic. Of course most women stiil do housework so still keep fit.

Apparently walking up and down stairs uses lots of calories too.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2017, 11:53 AM

Re: Balls! Coloured Ones!

Azure, there is a Snooker club in my town but l have never been aware of a Billiard Hall. I have only seen billiard tables in pubs and social clubs.
My ex husband used to chalk my nose with the cue blue chalk as a joke!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2017, 01:12 PM

I hated the Black and Blue balls.

We have a great snooker hall locally....owned by my neighbour so we get preferential treatment...a pint or two of San Miguel thrown in.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2017, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Azure, there is a Snooker club in my town but l have never been aware of a Billiard Hall. I have only seen billiard tables in pubs and social clubs.
My ex husband used to chalk my nose with the cue blue chalk as a joke!
Art

Ive still got my ex husband's long Cue at home.
Very useful for poking people and reaching in high places and opening curtains.

It can be used as a dangerous weapon as well
I have played Billiards too, but being tiny had to nearly lie on the table

It was referred to as Snooker as well, depending on the size of the table and number of balls.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2017, 04:48 PM

Someone opened a Billiards Hall at the bottom of our road many years ago. According to my gorillas, there were some twenty Billiard tables in there. It was very busy when it first opened, probably a novelty at the time, but it closed down within 2 years as I believe Snooker became very popular at the same time.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2017, 05:05 PM

The demise of snooker halls was down to the lack of interesting and dynamic players....and bloody X-Box etc. imho.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top