Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 12:18 PM

I have difficulty recognising faces!

As I have got older I have more difficulty recognising faces than I used to, especially those of other women. As you can imagine this can be rather embarrassing to say the least. This morning I was in the supermarket and a woman said 'Hello', I just didn't recognise her even though she is a neighbour. I don't see her that often, but even so I should have known who she was. Of course I was most apologetic and she was nice about it! I would recognise her car though! Strangely enough although I am not an animal person, I recognise dogs better than their owners, WEIRD!!!!

Does anyone else have this problem?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 12:30 PM

Re: I have difficulty recognising faces!

I suspect that we all do this at times,
A change of hairstyle, unusual clothing, or even a different environment can make people look different. A dog rarely changes his hairstyle, doesn't wear clothes, and is usually with it's owner, so is a big help when trying to recognize the person at the other end of the lead.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 12:32 PM

Tara, l think you must be suffering 'face blindness'!!

I also think it's when you see people out of the place where you normally see them!
A man said, 'Hello' to me in a shop the other day and l didn't recognise him! When he took his Andy cap off, l recognised it was someone l went out with for quite a while, two years ago! He never wore a cap when l went out with him!
I did blush with embarrassment!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 12:35 PM

Do I know you?-I should but just remind me. Aha voice+face and it clicks.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 12:39 PM

When someone says hello to me now and I cannot recognise them I find it easier just to ask them where I know them from.

To save embarrassment I just say of course sorry was miles away.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 01:22 PM

I have no difficulty recognising the faces of people with whom I am well acquainted, or have known for along time, even if I don't see them very often. It is people I have a passing acquaintance with like those who live nearby, but I don't see often. I just don't take in their features, unless they are very striking, as I said I find women's faces more difficult than those of men.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 01:24 PM

My next door neighbour was approached in a supermarket recently and was told 'your children are growing up fast!'

She responded rather rudely 'I don't know you...'

The other person said 'I'm your neighbour!'

She has lived here from the very beginning, as have I. Neighbour with children has probably been here about 8 years? Not quite sure.

Anyway, they both related the story to me, with the longest serving neighbour getting very angry and swearing about NDN. NDN was almost as bad. I said to her 'don't you know who your neighbours are?' True, we are opposite ends of a block of 18 flats (6+6+6). But come on...!

NDN does tend to walk about with her nose to the ground so doesn't pay attention to who lives here, apart from the children.

I felt like the piggy in the middle with this incident.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 02:11 PM

Anyone has this come on rather than been like it all your life should get alone to your GP, it can be a sign of various things happening some worse than others. But get it checked out is wisest IMO
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
My next door neighbour was approached in a supermarket recently and was told 'your children are growing up fast!'

She responded rather rudely 'I don't know you...'

The other person said 'I'm your neighbour!'

She has lived here from the very beginning, as have I. Neighbour with children has probably been here about 8 years? Not quite sure.

Anyway, they both related the story to me, with the longest serving neighbour getting very angry and swearing about NDN. NDN was almost as bad. I said to her 'don't you know who your neighbours are?' True, we are opposite ends of a block of 18 flats (6+6+6). But come on...!

NDN does tend to walk about with her nose to the ground so doesn't pay attention to who lives here, apart from the children.

I felt like the piggy in the middle with this incident.
To be honest Jazzi, I think both neighbours could benefit from a lesson in good manners and how to communicate with people. I would try to avoid angry outbursts from people like that!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 02:36 PM

I recognise faces, it's names that escape me. I have to fish a bit just to find out who they are & where I know them from.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top