Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 10:43 AM

The Moorside

Most of us will remember this happening in Leeds 8 years ago, Shannon went missing and the whole community pulled together for weeks to search for her . When I watched the original interviews with the mother and father I felt something wasn't right , and the mother served 4 years in prison as Shannon was actually hiding with her uncle . The community were duped and very angry .

The actresses who play the friends who organised the search and spent weeks with them to make this programme authentic . Family members who have been on TV this week are saying the programme should never have been allowed to be aired . They are afraid of repurcussions .

It's on tonight , can't remember which channel or time but I think it will be interesting . Let me know your thoughts if you watch .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 10:45 AM

Re: The Moorside

I feel sorry for the poor girl, it must be awful for her!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 10:48 AM

Does this mean that the drama has been made without the permission of the family members?
Presumably some if not many of them had no idea about the crime and were horrified at the time?
Or am I being naive?
Imagine if a branch of your own family hit the headlines in a terrible way and then a few years down the line money was being made out of it by actors etc.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 10:53 AM

Shannon has been given a new identity and lives elsewhere now .

The family members didn't give permission for the drama . The mother and stepfather and uncle were the ones who were in on it . Other family members searched for weeks but they had suspicions from the early days .
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 11:05 AM

I read Shannons Grandparents are against it . And i totally agree its too soon to make a Drama about it and can only bring heartache to them and Shannon . I dont know what purpose it will serve .
Its no more than a money making project , the F.L.O was on The one Show last night and I think she was getting her 5minutes of Fame .
I wont be watching it , I can remember it like yesterday .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 11:13 AM

A bunch of scumbags best forgotten IMO.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
A bunch of scumbags best forgotten IMO.
My feelings entirely, Donglie, why do we need a drama about them? Will they be receiving 'royalties' from it?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
My feelings entirely, Donglie, why do we need a drama about them? Will they be receiving 'royalties' from it?
I hope not ST.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I read Shannons Grandparents are against it . And i totally agree its too soon to make a Drama about it and can only bring heartache to them and Shannon . I dont know what purpose it will serve .
Its no more than a money making project , the F.L.O was on The one Show last night and I think she was getting her 5minutes of Fame .
I wont be watching it , I can remember it like yesterday .
What is the F.L.O.?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
What is the F.L.O.?
Family Liaison Officer I guess

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top