Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 03:23 PM

Huge Price Rises in Electricity

Hi

Npower has announced large price rises for Electricity and Gas here in the UK.

Npower is a German Company,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38852517
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 04:20 PM

Re: Huge Price Rises in Electricity

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Npower has announced large price rises for Electricity and Gas here in the UK.

Npower is a German Company,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38852517
Let's bomb the bastards.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Let's bomb the bastards.
Hi

Thank you for that highly relevant comment Purwell.

The relevance of the fact that they are a German Company is that once again we have sold our assets at knockdown prices to those who only want to make a profit at our expense and not invest in the UK.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 06:34 PM

It's quite frightening, really, since we have very little left that we actually control now. I'm with E,on and I expect they'll follow suit.
gvm
Sussex, UK
gvm is male  gvm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 06:37 PM

They're struggling to make a profit at home due to over expenditure on renewables, so I guess the want us to subsidize them
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 08:04 PM

I heard this on the news tonight Swims. 15% on electricity and was it 5% on gas?
I bet the other 5 big companies will follow now.

My lot said only yesterday they are "reviewing my direct debits". . .
Meep
manchester uk
Meep is female 

03-02-2017, 08:11 PM

I was with Eon but switched to Scottish power and saved money but as you say one of the big 5 raises their prices and the others follow
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 08:48 PM

I read my leccy meter this afternoon, submitted the figures online and nearly had a Connery!! Obviously it has been excessively cold recently, and I've had the new heated towel rail on, so have now switched the latter off, and one of my storage radiators.

I'm with EDF.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 09:18 PM

I have stayed with British Gas for both gas & electricity. I have signed up for their Fix & Fall if prices go up mine wont , but if they go down mine will,but I expect prices will rise as all companies follow each other
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 10:01 PM

The price rise a bit exorbitant , Ofgem seem to be a very toothless watchdog as usual they just comment and do nothing.

I am on a fixed tariff until next November happy with my British supplier OVO who pays me 3% interest on my credit balance .
They came top in the 'Which' survey and sent me an email to say they were thanking all their customers for giving good feedback and making it possible.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top