Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2017, 10:42 PM

Comeuppance

Are you glad when Folks get it? I had to deliver a package to a house, where historically, I had been kept waiting, on previous occasions. I parked the car up, and approached the front door, on the front path, I encountered what I believed to be the daughter of the household, so, success I thought, no waiting today, but the lass said "I am in a hurry, knock the door", so I did and waited a fair while, eventually, the door opened, and I delivered the package, feeling short changed I returned to the car, only to find that I had blocked in the lasses car, so she had been sitting there for the same amount if time, such happenings make life still worthwhile.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2017, 10:46 PM

Re: Comeuppance

Nice one! Hope you gave her a suitable grin
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2017, 10:48 PM

I was very reciprocal.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2017, 11:19 PM

Are you glad when Folks get it?

Sometimes it depends who they are ....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2017, 11:28 PM

This is the second thread of late, where two members have gloated at another's comeuppance!
I'm not sure if gloating is a nice trait in people!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

31-01-2017, 11:30 PM

I ain't sure I'm a nice person, but, have never claimed otherwise.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Are you glad when Folks get it? I had to deliver a package to a house, where historically, I had been kept waiting, on previous occasions. I parked the car up, and approached the front door, on the front path, I encountered what I believed to be the daughter of the household, so, success I thought, no waiting today, but the lass said "I am in a hurry, knock the door", so I did and waited a fair while, eventually, the door opened, and I delivered the package, feeling short changed I returned to the car, only to find that I had blocked in the lasses car, so she had been sitting there for the same amount if time, such happenings make life still worthwhile.
The poor girl probably was in a hurry, you aren't clever!

We often keep callers including delivery people waiting a bit as we are usually upstairs in our rooms when they come. My husband is particularly slow about walking up and downstairs, since his illness. Some of these delivery drivers expect the door to be opened the second they press the bell!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
This is the second thread of late, where two members have gloated at another's comeuppance!
Schadenfreude
sounds better.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I ain't sure I'm a nice person, but, have never claimed otherwise.
You are an escapegloat.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Just have well developed sense of humour unlike some others.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top