Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 01:24 PM

BBC Panorama tonight:The strange tale of the man with no memory

This strange tale is on Panorama tonight. It happened local and was all over the local newspapers..

Police and social services were baffled when an elderly man with an American accent was found lost on the streets of the English city of Hereford. He didn't know who he was or have any ID, and he was dressed in brand new clothes from Tesco. The quest to find out who he was had results that nobody could have predicted.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-38769685

Apparently the man who has dementia was flown here from the USA and dumped

What a bare faced cheek some people have...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 01:34 PM

Re: BBC Panorama tonight:The strange tale of the man with no memory

I don't know what care is available in the USA for people with no money, but it sounds like he would have been better off staying anonymous.
Poor fellow! Very sad tale.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 01:42 PM

I will put a note on my memo board.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 01:47 PM

What a sad story. I have an awful cold , at the moment, but I do hope I can stay awake long enough to watch Panorama.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 01:51 PM

I wonder why they didn't try to trace Roger by checking airport records etc. He must have had a seat on a plane in that name he gave.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
What a sad story. I have an awful cold , at the moment, but I do hope I can stay awake long enough to watch Panorama.
Twink I thought you were going to say 'I hope I stay awake long enough so a member of my family doesn't dump their sick relation somewhere'
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 01:56 PM

Here's an update to this story ... https://tinyurl.com/jpkwtl5

What kind of family is this?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 03:50 PM

Can the son be charged for abandonment , ? if not he should be .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 04:12 PM

Initially I thought this was just a case of dumping in England to avoid health care costs in the US.

But then you read ..
The chap was found in a bus shelter in a Hereford carpark wearing brand new clothes from Tesco .. (no ID whatsoever).
And that three months prior to that back home he and his wife lived rough in the garden of their burnout house ... locked in behind a chain fence by their son who came to bring them food.

Much as I hate to say this .. the poor chap was better off over here and it's a shame they discovered who he is.
I wonder where his wife Mary Jo is?
Still in the care of the son who sounds criminal in his neglect?
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 04:55 PM

Very strange story. Saw it on TV this morning but will watch tonight.

I do know there are a lot of people in America who cannot afford healthcare .... yes even under Obamacare.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top