Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2010, 07:45 PM

Any Idea Whats Wrong With my Computer

In the morning when I get up I switch my computer on at the wall and then press the button on the tower to start it up.
However the last few mornings after I have switched it on at the wall it won't start up when I press the button on the tower. Instead there is a green light on the back of the tower that flashes for about 10-15 mins and it won't let me start it up till that stops flashing and is solid green.
This morning it took nearly 40 mins before the green light stopped flashing and I could start it up. Once its going its fine.
Any ideas whats going on here please and what the problem is?
I know i could leave it switched on at the wall at night but I like to turn all my plug sockets off at night otherwise i don't feel safe going to bed and sleeping.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2010, 07:48 PM

Re: Any Idea Whats Wrong With my Computer

That'll be flashing green light syndrome hehehehee!!!
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2010, 07:50 PM

would the green flashing light be your network connection?

Does your PC work and screen come up?

Just re-read your mail, it may be the fact it is downloading crucial up-dates, for example to your firewall, virus scan etc.
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2010, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
That'll be flashing green light syndrome hehehehee!!!
Cassie - that's not very helpful is it - more likely to be the green eyed monster at work
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2010, 08:04 PM

Sounds odd that - could be a bios problem.

Do you go to start - shut down before turning the power off? What happens if you start it back up straight after shutting it down?
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2010, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Sounds odd that - could be a bios problem.

Do you go to start - shut down before turning the power off? What happens if you start it back up straight after shutting it down?
Yes I always shut it down properly. If I restart it at anytime it will start no problem as long as the plug socket hasn't been switched off and just put back on as the green light at the back will be on constant.
Its literally like if I have turned the socket off for the night and then turn it on again in the morning , it has to warm up inside before it will start. The green light flashes and I can't start it with the button on the tower till the green light stops flashing. Its getting longer and longer every day.
It has never done it till a few days ago.
What is a bios problem?
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2010, 09:48 PM

Maybe your power supply is failing
madmare
Essex UK

20-10-2010, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
Maybe your power supply is failing
Once its on in the morning though it works fine all day providing I don't turn the plug socket off. I can shut it down and restart ok.
If the power supply was failing would it be fine all day?
Cassie
West Wales

20-10-2010, 10:00 PM

I don't know, I don't know that it is the power supply - there are several things that have green lights on them, and the flashing green light may be a red herring.
madmare
Essex UK

20-10-2010, 10:22 PM

The flashing green light is on the back of the tower near the top, just under what looks like the power cable and starts when I switch it on at the mains.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top