Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 05:10 PM

Ghosts

Who believes in 'ghosts' and has anyone , to their understanding, had any experiences of 'ghosts' or similar inexplicable experiences ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 05:12 PM

Re: Ghosts

We've had quite a few threads on supernatural goings on PD, and there are those who believe and those that think the believers are cranky.
Personally, yes, I do believe.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 05:34 PM

I thought I saw one years ago, but I am not sure I did.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 05:37 PM

Three friends and I had an "experience" when sharing a room in a haunted Italian castle as teenagers. One felt she was being strangled, another saw a vision of figure and then felt this spirit entered her and tried to communicate its suffering with her. I woke up one night and felt the room was full of some sort of glowing thick fog that was choking me, like chlorine. We all had these experiences in the same room and all involved difficulty breathing or being strangled. It turned out that a room down the hall was sealed and had been exorcised.

As a child my mum had a vision of her dead grandmother walking through the room and then through a wall.

I think when we are younger we are more sensitive to such things.

Although I had a funny experience driving to a friend's funeral a week ago. I was lost on the way to the service and was about to turn the car around at a junction to go the opposite way. I waited for three cars to go by and the last one was a hearse! I thought - what are the chances it's someone else. So followed it and it led me to the church. It would have been just my friend's sense of humour.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
We've had quite a few threads on supernatural goings on PD, and there are those who believe and those that think the believers are cranky.
Personally, yes, I do believe.
Oh dear, sorry. Hope it doesn't read on any ones toes.

Personally ,I have had a couple of experiences which I have no reason to doubt, but neither have an ability to be adamant they could not be explained. Always a fascinating subject and I have no reason to say others experiences are not to be believed and accepted as they are related.

One experience was given by my next door neighbour.
As a background of character, over the years he has been a paramedic, a deep sea diver. He now runs a decompression chamber, is a helicopter pilot and now trains paramedics and emergency services in emergency response and has been highly awarded . So to say he is a character of dispute is not possible.
He moved into the house next door, just a few years ago from a completely different area. The previous family of occupants had lived there for about 10 yrs and previous to them a gentleman who had a large plot of land which he managed and enjoyed by growing his vegetables etc.
Only about 6 months after moving in,the present gentleman was out in his garden, near to where the swimming pool had been built. (that was built by the previous occupants) .
He saw a man in that same place wearing a blue check shirt, smoking a pipe and he could smell the pipe tobacco. The man was standing looking at the ground.
When he mentioned this to his immediate neighbour on the other side of him, she went white.
From her account, the gentleman he had seen would have been the man who had lived there for many years and whom she knew. He used to wear a blue check shirt, he used to smoke a pipe and he would have been standing in the same place (although the swimming pool now covered it) as he had had his large vegetable plot.

Interesting stuff.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Who believes in 'ghosts' and has anyone , to their understanding, had any experiences of 'ghosts' or similar inexplicable experiences ?
Plenty of weird experiences including apparitions, but I am of the opinion there is a natural explanation for all that is considered paranormal.
Youngheart
Hull
Youngheart is male 

29-01-2017, 07:39 PM

I lived in a house that backed on to a cemetary, decided it would be the right place to bury my dead cat. No word of a lie but within days of burying her, I came home to find her purring at my back door. Bloody spooky it was.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 11:19 AM

Yes I do believe Puddle Duck both myself and hubby have had many experiences over the years, but then again I hope we would as we were ghost hunters going with like minded people round old houses. We always tried to find a reasonable explanation for what happened firstly.

We have seen two people sat in a café once when we was there I even tried on a couple of occasions to speak to the gentleman but never managed to as someone was talking to me at the time and when I finally went to speak to him both of them were gone. With no other way out other than passed where I was stood.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 11:29 AM

From one of my previous posts:

Another strange thing happened this week in my house.

Mrs LD got up in the middle of the night to spend a penny. I was awoken by the bedroom door opening and saw a silhouette in the door way which I assumed was her. The shape came in and I saw that it was a man about 30 years old. He looked at me, smiled then disappeared.
The door then opened again and this time it was Mrs LD.

Once again, I'm inclined to think it was just a dream but can't make out why I would dream this. I have to admit that it wasn't scary at all as the guy seemed friendly.

Since that making that post I have realised that I would not have been able to see the smile on his face because I am short sighted and wasn't wearing my glasses, so it was a dream.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 11:33 AM

'Spirits' only come in bottles labelled 'whiskey', 'Gin', 'Brandy', 'Vodka', 'Rum', etc, etc.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top