Join for free
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 01:05 PM

Giving credit where credit is due

As people realise I say what I think without fear or favour. I freely admit I get fed up with this forum from time to time, just as I do on most of the forums on which I post, and flounce off. However, I am going to pay the Admin on this forum a compliment. In all the years I have posted on this forum I have never once felt that they were trying to take advantage of the members. GOOD FOR AZZ.

The Admin on an another over 50s forum is not so scrupulous. They put members posts on their Facebook page, without permission, in order to publicize their forum, aspects of which they run as a business. They also fleece members by encouraging them to BUY points with which they can 'buy' forum virtual gifts. I think this is taking advantage of some elderly people who might not be as computer savvy as others.

Some members of this forum either post on that particular forum themselves, or know of it. Be warned!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 01:43 PM

Re: Giving credit where credit is due

Why did you change your username?

Azz and the mods do a great job.....ive looked at other sites but not posted....they are inferior...imho
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 01:47 PM

If you wanted another user name with a play on the old ...

Ta-ra-ra Boom-de-ay was free ...
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 01:48 PM

Any site is only as good as its members, finding one that suits is a choice each individual must make, and we all want different things so different sites can have their supporters who like whats on offer.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 01:59 PM

Ok I know. You want a -------------xxxx
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 02:05 PM

Tarantula

I think you ought to check the factual accuracy of the some of the stuff you've just posted there.
Besides which .. as with everything in webby land if a site has a policy of utilising a third party site you don't approve of, you do have the choice of going elsewhere and not been a member.

Anyone else got any critical reviews of other sites they want to gnash their teeth about
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 02:18 PM

It isn't good 'netiquette' to discuss what happens on other sites so I am locking this thread .

Thank you

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top