Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 09:04 PM

I am a criminal

After driving for 37 years today I received my first speeding ticket, 58mph in a 60mph limit ( I was in a van 50mph) hopefully I can do a speed awareness course so avoiding the points,
Anyone else done these courses? and what exactly is involved?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 09:26 PM

Re: I am a criminal

My wife had to do one.
It was sometime back, but she actually enjoyed it and made her think a bit..

It's basically a bit of a classroom type lecture, but was interesting.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 09:46 PM

I agree fender.
Lordruthio had to do one and it was really interesting, learnt a lot of good tips.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 11:20 PM

Just pay up, and take the points, don't take a second shot at School, and be lectured about a none event, a mile an hour here or there, so what, you need to know, if the Teacher is squeaky clean.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 11:36 PM

My Son has done two. He said it was brilliant & better than points & a fine.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 11:36 PM

My hubby got his second ever speeding ticket just before Xmas and has been on a speed awareness course.

As part of his work he drives miles every day and his last fine was probably 25 years ago. This time he was doing 37mph in a 30 limit and everybody was doing a similar speed.

He said the course was OK and he got tea and biscuits! He ended up being spokesperson for his table (not his choice) as some people just sat there and didn't interact.

I was telling the ladies at my knitting group and someone said she had been on a SA course and then one by one they owned up and I was really surprised when 8 out of 12 said they'd also been on one.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 11:39 PM

Also, my cousin had to go on one and her family thought it was hilarious as she is a very slow and cautious driver and they're always telling her to get a move on.

She had dropped someone off at an airport in the early hours and was driving home alone and the roads were deserted so she put her foot down and got caught!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 11:40 PM

One tip which I always remember...When I'm positioned waiting to turn right across the oncoming traffic, I ALWAYS keep my wheels facing forward/straight ahead, until it's time to turn right.
There! And it didn't cost me a thing, and it's made me safer!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
My Son has done two. He said it was brilliant & better than points & a fine.
So the first one did not work, I think you get the fine either way.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
After driving for 37 years today I received my first speeding ticket, 58mph in a 60mph limit ( I was in a van 50mph) hopefully I can do a speed awareness course so avoiding the points,
Doesn't anybody know how to use their cruise control? Though to be honest I don't understand why you were booked if you were travelling less than the speed limit.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top