Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 06:37 PM

That's twice now!

Damned potholes. Twice in as many years my nearside front tyre had to be replaced due to the state of our roads. So many potholes around once again. Not that many of them have been repaired since last winter, certainly not properly anyway, just patched up temporarily only to open up again the following year. Ooh, it makes me mad!!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 06:48 PM

Re: That's twice now!

Make sure that you report every one that you see or they will never be repaired, same applies to street lamps, nothing is done until reported.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 06:51 PM

Oh dear EZ, I don't blame you for beng mad, I certainly would be.

Have a look at this honeybun, see if it's any help.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/pothole-claims
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Make sure that you report every one that you see or they will never be repaired, same applies to street lamps, nothing is done until reported.
Every pothole I see? They absolutely litter the roads of Kent. M20 included. Largely caused by the sheer volume of huge articulated vehicles coming over to Dover from various parts of Europe and beyond.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 07:34 PM

Hugs to EZ
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 08:03 PM

If you can claim for injury caused for falling over if a pavement is too uneven then you ,in my opinion, should be able to claim for damage to a car if it hits a pothole
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
If you can claim for injury caused for falling over if a pavement is too uneven then you ,in my opinion, should be able to claim for damage to a car if it hits a pothole

The link I sent in post 3 explains what to do about claiming.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 08:15 PM

Thanks Mups I missed that
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 08:40 PM

Same in Essex mate.
Drive out of my front and its like doing motor cross.
Like you say they are reported then some sod comes around with a spray can ours were a nice purple this year. Then about 3 months later after the colour is worn off they are resprayed and then a month later a blob of tarmac is put in them. Come winter its a bloody big hole again.
Why bother my advice is sell the car and buy a steam roller.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-01-2017, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Same in Essex mate.
Drive out of my front and its like doing motor cross.
Like you say they are reported then some sod comes around with a spray can ours were a nice purple this year. Then about 3 months later after the colour is worn off they are resprayed and then a month later a blob of tarmac is put in them. Come winter its a bloody big hole again.
Why bother my advice is sell the car and buy a steam roller.

That's funny Bigfellow, cos those blokes come up here and do the same here when they've finished yours.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top