Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 01:06 PM

Our Island Home.

I know we all come from different parts of this island and some from further afield.
What I like best are the differences between the various parts and the huge differences in dialects and attitudes to life.

At the moment I am looking out of my window at the bare trees, over to the fields and the church spire in the distance.

There are some beautiful parts of our island and some not so beautiful. I feel very lucky to be a native of these fair lands.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 01:24 PM

Re: Our Island Home.

My small island home where I grew up was a good place to live then. The UK where I have lived since I married in 1969 is far from perfect but it suits me well, especially where we are living now, I wouldn't wish to live anywhere else.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I know we all come from different parts of this island and some from further afield.
What I like best are the differences between the various parts and the huge differences in dialects and attitudes to life.

At the moment I am looking out of my window at the bare trees, over to the fields and the church spire in the distance.

There are some beautiful parts of our island and some not so beautiful. I feel very lucky to be a native of these fair lands.
Me too Mel and I am lucky enough to live in an area classed as 'An area of outstanding natural beauty '. This has its drawbacks with no public transport and acres of mud in the winter but it is worth it .

I have lived in many areas of the country from Lancashire to Dorset and love the variety of landscapes and dialect
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
My small island home where I grew up was a good place to live then. The UK where I have lived since I married in 1969 is far from perfect but it suits me well, especially where we are living now, I wouldn't wish to live anywhere else.
What's changed in the last few months?
I may be wrong but, my recollection of one of your posts said you hate the UK or at least dislike it immensely.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 01:34 PM

What a lovely thread mesco! All too often we see people saying Britain is no longer great, but that is usually caused by people in power making wrong decisions. This island is still so beautiful that I always feel I am home when I look out of the aeroplane window and see our lovely green fields.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 01:37 PM

I am inordinately proud to be a British citizen and inhabitant of these fair isles.

I love going away as much as anyone but I love coming home even more.

Once I see sight of the Severn Bridge on the return journey my heart is very glad.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
What a lovely thread mesco! All too often we see people saying Britain is no longer great, but that is usually caused by people in power making wrong decisions. This island is still so beautiful that I always feel I am home when I look out of the aeroplane window and see our lovely green fields.
I love the UK.......but.........those lovely green fields of Cheshire look nicer on the outbound flight
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 01:47 PM

Our history and heritage is second to none.
Battles fought and Kings and Queens dead and alive, fabulous.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 01:47 PM

I have to say there is no place like home . I've decided I don't want to travel abroad again and want to see more of the UK which is beautiful . I'm always glad to be home when I've been abroad . I feel safer here too .
mesco m
manchester

22-01-2017, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
What's changed in the last few months?
I may be wrong but, my recollection of one of your posts said you hate the UK or at least dislike it immensely.
Nothing new there then. Life must be hell for her.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top