Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 12:22 PM

What's the worst thing you have said at a job interview?

I once had a job interview with a large advertising agency and during the interview they asked me why I wanted the job. Instead of giving the expected answer (I have dreamt of working for you since the day I was born and will be eternally grateful if I get the job), I just said.... 'It's more money.'

I didn't get the job.

It seems honesty is not the best policy.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 12:38 PM

Re: What's the worst thing you have said at a job interview?

" You can take your job and shove it where the sun don't shine"
I had worked there for two years and remained for another four.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 12:42 PM

I have never had a job interview as such.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 12:45 PM

I have been to 4 job interviews, and got all 4 jobs.... so I must have said something right!
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 12:53 PM

I had gone up to London for the third and last interview for a job as a Social Worker with the NSPCC.

This one was with the head honcho, one on one type scenario. I wasn't nervous which was unusual for me.

We introduced ourselves and passed a few pleasantries and got down to it.

She said to me, so why do want to become a social worker with the NSPCC?

My cup, which usually runneth over with verbiage, emptied itself right there and then.

Picture a goldfish gulping for air, that was me, my mind just went, not even anywhere, just blank.

She then said to me, take your time, which for some reason made everything ten times worse.

I remember seeing my name on board with the rest of the shortlist and thinking you've cooked your chips, my girl.

I might as well have got up and gone home.

I did recover somewhat but there's no coming back from that.

So my answer is nothing. I said, nothing, lol ...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 01:19 PM

It's so long ago, I can't remember. But in those days you generally got any job you went after, people needed you then.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 01:22 PM

Half way through I suddenly went pale and said I think I'm going to be sick, was pointed to the loos and didn't get the job oddly consoled myself with I didn't want it anyway and went back to my current job and really do now enjoy it so it was for the best.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 05:16 PM

At an interview for a teaching job: "I hate bloody kids."

Not true, of course. Thinking of something is one thing, saying it is quite another matter.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 05:34 PM

I have said a few things in my life-never got the job.

One as I was finishing my PhD thesis and this person, who must have been following a script,asked;

What do think is the difference between being at university and working?

Working? Only there 5 days a week,get paid enough to pay the rent and eat,maybe not have to beg for resources?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 08:21 PM

Can I pay for that?

I'd gone to our greyhound racing stadium to see about a bar job, but while walking through the bar had knocked a bottle of soft drink to the floor, where it obviously smashed!

He turned my offer down, but though he said I was 'second on the list' of getting the job...didn't!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top