Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 10:09 PM

Filming wildlife (Spy in the wild)

There is a brilliant prog. on telly at the moment. It is called "Spy in the Wild." Anyone seen it?
They made robotic spy cameras which looked exactly like certain species of animal, then put these look-a-likes in amongst the wild animals.
Some monkeys thought this little pretend monkey was a dead baby and their response was so sad. They all huddled round it in groups, hugging each other in grief and cuddling their own babies close.

In another one, a chimp found the spy camera and got furious if another chimp went anywhere near his treasure. He carted if off and covered it with leaves and branches to keep it to himself.
Giraffes came for miles to gather round their camera, they were in mourning, they thought it was a dead giraffe.
It was so sad.

Those idiots who think animals don't have emotions or feel love, are so ignorant of the truth.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 11:24 PM

Re: Filming wildlife (Spy in the wild)

The capacity of animals never ceases to amaze me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
The capacity of animals never ceases to amaze me.

Me too, Nom. I wish you could have seen how they were behaving and how tenderly they looked after the 'dead baby.'
Of course they experience emotions.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 12:12 AM

The giraffe was a real one that died, Mups. They used another cam to film it.
The dead baby sequence with the langurs brought tears to my eyes, I wouldn't have guessed they'd behave like that.
Wonder how they got the footage inside that sealed nest no way could they get that egg to hatch, that's a mystery. Some times in these wild life programs they say how they filmed them..The Chimp & the little cat were sweet, but the chimp didn't/couldn't feed it so I guess it died eventually anyway.
I liked David Tennants narration.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 07:29 PM

Hi

I watched this on BBC this afternoon.

Spy in the Wild.

They have hidden cameras in small, remote control models, which can make the same movements and voices as the animals they are filming.

The models are so realistic that they are accepted by the different animals as one of their own.

It was absolutely amazing and well worth watching.

The close ups are fantastic, as is the behaviour of the animals.

It is the first of a series.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 07:43 PM

Think Mups put up a thread about this, she may know if its a series.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 07:50 PM

I watched the end of the programme this afternoon (and will watch it all on Iplayer later). It's a absolute revelation into the behaviour of animals .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 08:09 PM

Hi

Apologies Mups, didn't see your thread.

It was amazing wasn't it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

15-01-2017, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Apologies Mups, didn't see your thread.

It was amazing wasn't it.

Yes, it was, I loved it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 12:14 PM

I have only seen the trailer for it but the robotic animals are amazing - they look so life-like.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top