Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 12:51 PM

Stupid Actions

What are the most daft things you've ever done? (apart from getting married etc.)Two of mine involved electricity.

I had a bedside lamp which wasn't working, I traced the flex down the side of my bed and found a severed end with tape around it, I then reached down the side of the bed and found the other end which was live, ouch!
Another time I was vacuuming the bathroom and decided to suck up some debris in the plug hole, vacuum went bang!

Both times I should have known better!

Another time I emptied a new pack of fags into my twin tub instead of powder!

Come on confess!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 12:55 PM

Re: Stupid Actions

I was once trying to work out what a particular key was for which resulted in me locking myself in the bathroom.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 12:56 PM

Could've been worse if you'd locked yourself out of the bathroom!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 12:56 PM

Years ago I was towel drying a wet dog standing in front of an electric fire the kind with a metal reflector you could tilt. I tilted it with a wet hand and was flung across the room backwards much to the surprise of the dog
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

12-01-2017, 12:58 PM

It's amazing how far you travel when electricity gets ya!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 01:19 PM

After returning from the shops with a chicken for dinner and a fresh loaf, I put the chicken in the bread bin, and didn't realize till I tried to put the bread in the fridge.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 02:13 PM

Both mine involve puffing away on a ciggie ...

Daft, when ..
I accidentally sawed through a gas pipe with a saw, fag hanging in mouth. Yes .. this pig can move fast when she has to! Wrenching out fitted units in the dark. (the old days when your gas tap was actually in the houses cavity wall).

Next .. When ...
a petrol tanker crashed through my front garden and came to a grinding halt sitting wedged on top of next doors car parked in their drive.
The fire brigade were called, came down the road sirens blaring ... and all of a lather at what was going on I scampered off up the path with a fag in my hand. Fortunately the tanker had just emptied it's load at the petrol station down the road.
(That was a pain to sort out as we'd sold the house and the new owner was due to move in in a weeks time.)

Neither incident resulted in a bang.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
It's amazing how far you travel when electricity gets ya!
Very true. When I was in a band, my mate was thrown about 15ft after touching a dodgy microphone.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

12-01-2017, 02:16 PM

When I was little I was finding things to do in my granddad's shed. I decided that the best way to remove all the paint from my hands was to wash them in paint stripper.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
What are the most daft things you've ever done? (apart from getting married etc.)Two of mine involved electricity.

I had a bedside lamp which wasn't working, I traced the flex down the side of my bed and found a severed end with tape around it, I then reached down the side of the bed and found the other end which was live, ouch!
Another time I was vacuuming the bathroom and decided to suck up some debris in the plug hole, vacuum went bang!

Both times I should have known better!

Another time I emptied a new pack of fags into my twin tub instead of powder!

Come on confess!
Mr M seems to absorb electricity though I've never noticed him glowing in the dark.
He once cut through a live cable with a blade and all it did was spark. He didn't.
Then again .. it's been known for me to get an electric shock sometimes when I touch him. It hurts.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top