Join for free
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 11:08 AM

Caught out by the doctor

Here, like UK, you are assigned a particular doctor at your local clinic. My doctor is fairly new to the clinic, but she is very nice indeed, easy to talk to, takes time to listen to what you have to say, takes an interest in how things have been going for you and really does make you feel comfortable.

I also found out yesterday that she is one very smart young lady.......she fooled me !

I rarely go to the doctor for myself but I often accompany Mr Clumsy or another friend. However I had an appointment yesterday regarding a very minor but recurring problem. That dealt with Maria, (that is what she likes to be called, why I donīt know, her name is Malgorzata, she is Polish), was looking at the computer and, shock, horror, sees that I havenīt had a blood test since 2014. They do like these things done every six months here.

Routine blood tests at our clinic are done at 8 a.m., too early for me. Iīd have to be up at 6 in order to be awake enough to drive to San Miguel. "Would later in the day suit you better?" she asked. Of course I said "yes". "Okay, 10.30 a.m. suit you?", "much better" I replied.

The wicked woman than handed me an appointment paper to have the blood test done at the hospital and said "got you, you donīt slip through my net".

The hospital is about the same distance from us as the clinic, so it isnīt a problem, but Iīve realised this Doctor Kot needs watching, sheīs very smart. No wonder she blows kisses at the patients when they leave her room, sheīs probably pulled a fast one on them all.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 11:37 AM

Re: Caught out by the doctor

She got you indeed that'll teach you
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
She got you indeed that'll teach you
I was certainly "got", this is one very "on the ball" doctor, I think people are going to find it difficult to fool her.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 12:42 PM

A bit like my dentist who said 'You have to brush your teeth twice a day, not just five minutes before you come here.'
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
A bit like my dentist who said 'You have to brush your teeth twice a day, not just five minutes before you come here.'
Like that one!

Loretta, how though, did you avoid blood tests from 2014? Din't the clinic send you routinely, and if you didn't go, why didn't someone get on to you?

I take every test thrown at me, whether I like it or not. Anything to keep an eye on my health and general well being.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 01:21 PM

Thats why I'm having a dry Jan Clumsy
My doctor Diago has us in for blood tests every 12 months but I have to say they check everything blood pressure, cholesterol and weight
You can always get an appointment
Spanish NH is very good
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 03:06 PM

Clumsy, Although you felt you'd been 'caught out', l do think it's good to have regular blood tests.
I hadn't had a bloodtest for quite a while and mentioned it to the nurse when l went for my B12 injection. She did a bloodtest there and then!
At 5pm the same day, my doctor rang me to tell me to come in immediately as my Potassium levels were dangerously low.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

10-01-2017, 03:48 PM

Thanks for the replies all. The Spanish health service is excellent Vaniy, no complaints from us. As you say, we can always get appointments, our clinic, as I presume others may be the same too, you can go at 3 p.m. without an appointment and see whichever doctor is available at that time. Last appointment times are around 7 p.m. but the clinic is staffed 24 hours a day, there is always a para medic on duty.

We do get chased up Jazzi, but I escape, I have more than enough to deal with with Mr Clumsy and his ailments, I don't have time to find any of my own.

I'm not in the least bothered about having blood tests, I just can't deal with such early mornings, I wouldn't be fit to drive at such an early hour ! I'm not an early morning person, but if they changed the time to midnight, I wouldn't have a problem.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top