Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 01:23 PM

Are you good at maths?

I am extremely bad at maths, without a calculator I am stuffed. My parents hired a number of maths tutors for me when I was a child, but it didn't make any difference. I suffer from dyscalculia, which is like dyslexia, but appertaining to numbers, not letters.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 01:27 PM

Re: Are you good at maths?

I worked for an Accounts Department, and could do arithmetic quicker in my head than accountants could with a calculator.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 01:27 PM

I'm not good either , I would like to be though . I returned to college for a business study course when I was 50 and part of the course was taking 0 level maths , I was embarrassed as I didn't understand it was like talking in a different language to me . I was practically ignored by the tutor and left the course . I was with lots of young people who seemed to understand and felt too embarrassed to ask for more help
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 01:32 PM

Passable with rudimentary basics.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I am extremely bad at maths, without a calculator I am stuffed. My parents hired a number of maths tutors for me when I was a child, but it didn't make any difference. I suffer from dyscalculia, which is like dyslexia, but appertaining to numbers, not letters.
Me, the same, my daughter, too.

Ironically enough, i was a Comptometer Operator leaving school and with constant repetition of numbers I learned far more out of school that I did, in.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 01:53 PM

I'm ok at it. I got a B at O Level.
I only ever use it now for data analysis purposes at work and working out my own finances
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 02:05 PM

Hi

Good at maths, useless at art and music.

A levels in Pure Maths and Theoretical Mechanics.

Highest ever mark in music was 6%.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 02:09 PM

No, I am rubbish. I had the poorest score ever in the history of my school. I got 16% out of 100% in a maths test. I was surprised to get that much, but I think the teacher took pity on me. I hated maths, could not understand any of it.
Now English Lit I loved.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 02:10 PM

Why, when somebody isn't good at something do they insist in giving it a name or a condition?

If youre crap at something you are crap.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 02:12 PM

Maths is not my strongest point, no.
I had to learn how to balance the books when we had the farm though, so had to get my finger out then.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top