Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 12:48 PM

Pantomime.

The panto was OK, acting was good, funny in places, but a lot of the non story part was stupid. The Dwarfs were good & the dragon that flew over the audience. I bought the tickets for my Daughter's Christmas present. They were £49.50 for both, I got mine half price concession for OAP's Duncan is rather hot, Daughter likes him. Lesley Joseph was a good nasty Queen. Lots of gags in it about Plymouth which were funny too.

The down side, I don't think panto's do it for me any more & I had a really fat man next to me who took part of my space as well as his own, My Daughter was sat on the aisle & I had to lean into her most of the show. Behind us were two kids who constantly kicked the back of our seats & at one stage Daughter turned & told the girl to stop, she didn't, the boy behind me got worse after that. They were with their Gran & all left pretty fast after it finished, guess she thought we were going to say something.
So no, panto is not for me & I'll not go again to one.

Have or are any here seen one or going to see one?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 12:49 PM

Re: Pantomime.

I have never enjoyed pantos, even as a child, I thought them very silly and boring.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I have never enjoyed pantos, even as a child, I thought them very silly and boring.
I'm with you on that one Tarantula
I get a headache just remembering what they were like!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
It helps if the people acting in them are well known. Lesley made a brilliant wicked queen & she was funny with it.
Daughter liked Blue so Duncan did it for her.
I hadn't actually been to a panto since Alvin Stardust was at the Palace Theatre in Plymouth in Cinderella 1979, when both kids were small. I got Champagne sprayed on me that night. He was lovely.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 01:08 PM

I don't know whether it's just my lack of humour or what, but I absolutely loathe Panto! I can understand a child thoroughly enjoying themselves standing up and shouting "behind you!" and the adults enjoying watching their children enjoying themselves, but...... how on earth can an adult say they enjoy Panto with all these B-listers acting stupidly (up their own a..es, as I would say) and how could anyone possible find them funny! Bah, Humbug!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 01:23 PM

My grandaughter of 11 loves the stage and has been in panto since she was 7 . She does 27 performances each Christmas . She's a natural and told me she was born to do it . So each year I go and see the panto . I was 62 before I went to my first ever , they did a shout out to tell the audience jasmines nanny is watching her first ever and she's 62 . Yes I'm a very proud nanny but I wouldn't go if she wasn't in it .
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 01:38 PM

I knew i was officially old this Christmas, i did not recognize any of the ahem stars in our local pantomimes
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 02:14 PM

Love them.
silly humour is a release from humdrum days......be a kid for the evening and ditch the therapist.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 02:19 PM

Not like them at all.
When my Mother was alive she used to insist on dragging us all along to them . Talk about boring.
Yawn
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 02:27 PM

Funnily enough, I went to a local dramatics one just last night - Dick Whittington.
I very nearly wasn't going to go, it was so cold and frosty, but at the last minute I made the effort and went, and I'm glad I did.

I even joined in all the silly "He's behind you" shouts, and the "Oh Yes he is/No he isn't" bits If you are just going to sit there and criticise and not participate, then it's pointless going to a panto IMO.
I felt a bit sorry for the people on stage when at times the audience were so wooden, because they were really trying hard to make it fun for everyone.

I came out of there feeling happier than went I went in, so that can't be bad.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top