Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 08:34 PM

Sould Pay more Attention

I really must pay more attention,Ihad a phone survey for my water supplier tonight.But I could not remember who my water supplier is, how much was my yearly bill,[ I pay monthly DD & couldnt remember the yearly amount].Had my finances changed or stayed the same for the year?,oh dear the grey cells are fading
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 10:46 PM

Re: Sould Pay more Attention

I had First Utility call tonight offering to save me money, their first question was "Who is your present supplier", I said "You are", oops they said.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I had First Utility call tonight offering to save me money, their first question was "Who is your present supplier", I said "You are", oops they said.

I have had that with my home Insurance company.

I always say that to my hairdresser when they ask 'who normally cuts your hair'.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 10:27 AM

I never respond well to these people I always ask what's it to do with them?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I really must pay more attention,Ihad a phone survey for my water supplier tonight.But I could not remember who my water supplier is, how much was my yearly bill,[ I pay monthly DD & couldnt remember the yearly amount].Had my finances changed or stayed the same for the year?,oh dear the grey cells are fading
These 'surveys' are more often than not companies cold calling looking for business. I tell them who supplies my water/electricity etc is my business and not theirs and put the phone down. If you respond with information it could be passed on to a number of companies then they won't leave you alone
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
These 'surveys' are more often than not companies cold calling looking for business. I tell them who supplies my water/electricity etc is my business and not theirs and put the phone down. If you respond with information they won't leave you alone
Too true Meg, i dont give them a chance i just say " I can't hear you " and cut them off!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 01:26 PM

I always put the phone down on cold callers, without comment.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 01:37 PM

With calls like this I usually ask where they got my number from? If they reply that they have a list of numbers to call I tell them that, if they cannot tell me where they got that list from, then there is no chance that I will be doing any business with them as I am on the telephone preference service so they should not be calling me. The usually apologize and hang up... but they never say where they got my number from.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top