Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2017, 06:50 AM

Good morning New Year's Day

Good morning everyone and a happy new year to you, hope you all survived the celebrations...... we certainly did, bed by half nine asleep by ten....

Just a quiet day for us, a walk in the forest if the rain eases and maybe watch a film this afternoon.

Enjoy your day folks.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2017, 07:54 AM

Re: Good morning New Year's Day

Good Morning and a Happy New Year to all. Had an early night (11:00pm) to summon up the strength to remove all the Christmas decorations today!
Hopefully it will not take long - then I have two or three DVDs, gifts, still to watch.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2017, 09:25 AM

Good morning all.

Happy New Year. I have a splitting headache and feel sick this morning, nothing that I have eaten or drunk.

No Fireworks went off around here last night.

Have a nice day all.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2017, 09:30 AM

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2017, 09:33 AM

I hope you all had a happy new year.... I didn't?
I was in bed at 10.30, but as I started to doze, around 11.30, people started to let off very loud fireworks in their gardens. I got up to check the cats were ok and found that 2 were very frightened so I tried to comfort them. I then had heartburn so, after taking something to help and settling my cats, I went back to bed.
These fireworks continued till 1.30am , so it was after 2 before I got to sleep.
I know the disabled old lady across the road was woken because her lights were switched in, most of the local wildlife would have been afraid, and I dread to think how the people with small sleeping children were managing!
What happened to singing auld land syne and exchanging a few kisses to celebrate the new year?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2017, 10:05 AM

Happy new year to one and all , quiet night for us too, in bed by 1030 woken at midnight by the fireworks, then again later by another round of fireworks not sure what time, managed to doze through it all .
Fireworks were going off earlier in the evening too!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2017, 10:06 AM

Good morning all, and a happy new year.

I stayed up, reading a book, watched the fireworks in London, and went to bed about 12.30, but they continued for a long time here. Must have been well past 1 when they eventually stopped, and I slept in till 8.45! Naughty.

Not a lot planned, apart from cooking a roast dinner (turkey again...yum!) and getting back to my book. Depends if it stops raining here.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2017, 10:28 AM

Good morning and a happy new year from me. I hope 2017 is going to be good to us all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2017, 10:28 AM

Good morning fellow members on a dark wet morning.

Like Twink I was kept awake by fireworks that went on for hours and Chloe felt she had to tell me there were people around outside , revellers returning home next door.
I am not grumbling it is only one night but it meant I had a bad night with a painful leg because the pain killers had worn off by the time the noise stopped and I was still awake.

I am making bread this morning, wholemeal rolls for lunch. I am just hoping the yeast is sufficiently alive to work.Thank goodness the holiday nonsense is over and all is back to normal so next week and I can order a fresh batch

Enjoy your day everyone and best wishes for the coming year .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2017, 10:42 AM

Good morning all and a happy new year to all

It must have been the noisiest new year's even I can remember, fireworks were going off in the road almost outside our house.

Our daughter and family will be decending on us later this morning for our usual new years day turkey roast with all the trimmings, then games in the afternoon and a light buffet in the evening. Always a lovely way to start the year for us.

Enjoy your day everyone

..... now where did I put my new calendar

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top