Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 06:19 AM

Night Shift.

Wow I ventured into the nightshift of the OFF.
So what do you guys do.
Are you like the night shift Gremlins that go about tidying the mess up what the day posters leave behind.

Adrian, Ash, bennemat, cheeses, dancer, galty, Harley, Lucy, Mr Ploppy, Paul, Pug, Yllas.

Out of all the names I think I have only read Mr Ploppy's post's.
I guess if you are like Ploppy then you are looking in from different parts of the world and this really is not a nightshift for you at all.

Quite simply some nights I cannot sleep which is why I am here and a urge for a brew and a couple of slices of strawberry jam on toast. If I was not a guy I would think I may be pregnant, the stuff I crave during the nights when I cannot sleep.
Anyways I have taken my Zopiclone so hopefully it won't be long before I will be counting sheep again. My mutt is not a happy doggy sitting here looking at me and then the darkness wondering just wtf we are doing up this early.
Well it is good to see that the OFF gives a 24hrs service to its members and if ever I get the munchies again I will know where to come for 20 mins.
Big game today expecting a no win against Jose,I just hope AK starts an attacking team against Utd. We certainly could do with a giant killing to boost our season up.
What better way to start than to put a few past Man Utd..
Oh yes I tell jokes as well as you can tell by the last remark.
Right time to try and walk those stairs to heaven I maybe wake intime for the football. UTB
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 10:04 AM

Re: Night Shift.

Hope you got back to sleep alright Longfellow.
I'm the opposite, my problem is waking up!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 10:10 AM

Yes, I hope that eventually you got a good nights sleep

I'm the same if I can't sleep coming here takes my mind off whatever's keeping me awake.....it gives me new things to think about
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 10:19 AM

Using the internet at night doesn't aid a good sleep apparently, far better to read a book if you can't sleep, than posting on a flipping forum, imo.
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 12:24 PM

Good morning.
Thanks Mups and thanks Summer
I did manage to get straight back to sleep with the help of the sleeping pill. Because I don't tend to use them alot they knock me out cold when I do get around to using them. That was my last one and I notice the prescription was dated 22/1/12 so its took that amount of time to use 28 tablets.

tarantula
I would love to read books but after a few minutes my spondylolysis starts acting up because I am looking downwards at the book can't lay on my stomach these days because of the emphysema.
So I think the next stop for me after the o2 and the sleeping tablets stop working will be the knackers yard.
I notice it was rather damp out there during the night which is probably why my sleep was interupted because the air was heavy.
Roll on the summer at least then I can drive to Southend and do a bit of skinny dipping.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 12:33 PM

When I couldn't sleep I bought a talking meditation cd , I found it stopped me thinking as I realised if I listened I didn't think .

Eventually my mind just relaxed and I didn't hear the end

Sleep well tonight
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 12:44 PM

Oh, Longfellow, l do feel for you....
I usually get off to sleep straight away but on Christmas Eve, l just couldn't sleep as l think l was overtired from all the preparation for Christmas Day!
I tossed and turned and watched as the hours passed by! I got myself a dish of Rice Crispies and had a look in on the forum too! I think it was around 4am that l got to sleep!
It was during the sleepless time that l thought about people who endure this every night and are not able to sleep. It is the most horrible feeling not to be able to sleep and l felt so exasperated and almost irrational.
longfellow
Chatterbox

31-12-2016, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Oh, Longfellow, l do feel for you....
I usually get off to sleep straight away but on Christmas Eve, l just couldn't sleep as l think l was overtired from all the preparation for Christmas Day!
I tossed and turned and watched as the hours passed by! I got myself a dish of Rice Crispies and had a look in on the forum too! I think it was around 4am that l got to sleep!
It was during the sleepless time that l thought about people who endure this every night and are not able to sleep. It is the most horrible feeling not to be able to sleep and l felt so exasperated and almost irrational.
Yes I to feel for those with long term insomnia I personally don't class myself amongst that catergory my sleepless nights mainly are caused by the weather I only have 24% left of my lungs and somedays and nights its such a struggle but I try to smile through it.
A change of nap time is another cause like yourself somedays I get carried away espcially in the summer when I can get out there and I forget to nap so in the evenings I am tossing n turning. Its an evil circle I am afraid.
Such is life.

Susan M (a talking meditation cd)
I must admit I have never tried this but it may well be worth a try if it can give me a good nights kip. Anychance you could send me the connection it would be much appreciated just PM me because the moderators may not allow you to advertise it openly.. Thank you.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 02:09 PM

A night shift thread....I didn't know there was one!
longfellow
Chatterbox

31-12-2016, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
A night shift thread....I didn't know there was one!
You get a better rate of pay on the night shift Floydy...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top