Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Emerald
Yorkshire
Emerald is female  Emerald has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 09:35 AM

Fingernail Art

Before I complain about the fashion for artistically contrived finger nails, I will tell you a true story.
Several years ago after filling in an application form for a client I asked her to sign it. She did so, and I couldn't help but comment on her beautiful and naturally white finger nails. She explained that she worked in a local large hotel, and that her nails were always so nice and clean and white on the days that she made pastry, and that the pastry did it. Nuff said?
Now to the fancy nails of today. How on earth do they scrub their nails clean when preparing food? I refuse to eat anywhere that the staff have these 'glamorous' nails. Apart from that, on a more down to earth sideline, how do they manage after using lavatory? Has the NHS got any statistics on how many stitches they have to put into the derriere of some of these young girls? Dangerous indeed.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 10:18 AM

Re: Fingernail Art

I wonder how women with long false nails manage to do any housework as well as cooking .

I keep my nails really short and scrub them before I bake, I am sure if you did this with polished /false nails they would fall off.

She explained that she worked in a local large hotel, and that her nails were always so nice and clean and white on the days that she made pastry, and that the pastry did it. Nuff said?
I am surprised at that, in my experience the wearing of nail polish is not usually allowed in kitchens where food is prepared.
Emerald
Yorkshire
Emerald is female  Emerald has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 10:20 AM

I did say that they were naturally white fingernails but only on the days that she made pastry. No nail polish at all. And the point I was making, is that it is impossible to scrub false nails and that is the reason I will not eat anywhere that the staff have these nails
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 10:34 AM

I think what is used now are acrylic or gell nails, they can be scrubbed in the same way natural nails can be. Old fashioned stick on nails are not so popular now
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 10:42 AM

I put some nail polish on once and my nails felt strange and my finger sensitivity diminished.
I can't imagine having anything artificial stuck on my nails.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 11:40 AM

It's fairly easy actually to do most tasks with longer painted and decorated nails, I'm not vain about much but I do like to think my nails are lovely, purple polish with glitter this week, just pop a pair of cotton gloves and a pair of thin latex disposable gloves on top and you can clean and cook just as well as with short nails.

Only time I've ever cut mine short was when changing babies nappies, I always felt it a bit dangerous for them with talons
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 12:36 PM

I have always bitten my nails.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I wonder how women with long false nails manage to do any housework as well as cooking .

I keep my nails really short and scrub them before I bake, I am sure if you did this with polished /false nails they would fall off.

I am surprised at that, in my experience the wearing of nail polish is not usually allowed in kitchens where food is prepared.
I have friend who buys everything ready prepared and frozen. Her husband is a well built hard working chap. Her Christmas dinner was all ready no sweat or panic about 3 days before. I asked her how she did it, she said get everything ready prepared, even the roast potatoes. .
"Why ruin you nails, when you don't have to " ? So there you have the answer , maybe ?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 01:22 PM

I hate seeing long painted talons on women! Sometimes, they accidentally scratch you if they are giving you change in a shop! I wince when women with long nails use them to get sleep out of the corner of their eye! They are like daggers going into their eye!
The only times l have had longer nails, is during my stays in hospital after giving birth to my babies as no housework to do!
I soon cut them off when l accidentally scratched my new baby's tummy whilst putting a nappy on her.
I cried as much as she did!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 01:26 PM

I saw a woman in the supermarket a while back with nails which were approx. 3" long, she was having a job to pick up anything off the shelves. She had a young child with her; I really felt sorry for the poor kid, the nails were lethal!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top