Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2010, 01:17 PM

cow!

I turn up at the main Police Station and give the woman on the desk a letter saying the Coroners Office has returned my deceased son`s effects and they can be picked up from the Station.
Her: (after reading letter) Whose are these?
Me: My son - he died.
Her: Has he authorised this?
Me. No. He`s dead.
Her: You`ve got permission then.
Me: Yes. I was sent this letter.
she then stomped off for 15 minutes and came back with an envelope which she threw at me.
Lovely.
But then - I`m off to walk in the sunshine now and she`s stuck on a desk. Cow.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2010, 01:19 PM

Re: cow!

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
I turn up at the main Police Station and give the woman on the desk a letter saying the Coroners Office has returned my deceased son`s effects and they can be picked up from the Station.
Her: (after reading letter) Whose are these?
Me: My son - he died.
Her: Has he authorised this?
Me. No. He`s dead.
Her: You`ve got permission then.
Me: Yes. I was sent this letter.
she then stomped off for 15 minutes and came back with an envelope which she threw at me.
Lovely.
But then - I`m off to walk in the sunshine now and she`s stuck on a desk. Cow.
How awful! I would certainly make a complaint about her attitude!
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2010, 01:35 PM

My thoughts are with you.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2010, 01:35 PM

Goodness, that is just horrible. I don't know what I would do if this happened to me. Maybe I would want to complain but losing your wonderful son is much much more important than the behaviour of this old cow. If you are still hurt in a few days time, maybe talk to her senior officer? If not, she and her attitude can go to hell, she is a nothing!
Take care Claire and enjoy your sunshine x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2010, 01:38 PM

That's shocking Claire!

I would feel like telling her superiors that she needs to take a course on diplomacy and compassion..
telmar
yorkshire uk
telmar is female  telmar has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2010, 01:45 PM

She's a first class bitch!!! My thoughts are with you Claire
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2010, 01:50 PM

What a nasty woman! I would report the grumpy cow!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2010, 02:05 PM

I too would complain. Good manners cost nothing and such behaviour is not acceptable.

The police have a hard enough job to do without the first point of contact acting in a totally unprofessional way. Do not see it as a complaint-you are doing them a favour if you point it out
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2010, 03:38 PM

Stupid ignorant woman, I agree with the others Claire, she should go on a training course on how to behave under these circumstances. You shouldn't have to have a difficult time made worse by someones appalling lack of empathy.

I would complain too, it could save someone else the trauma in the future.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2010, 05:11 PM

Thank you all for the kind words. I`m back from my walk in the sunshine, and decided to put it behind me. It was a bit Monty Python at one point, wasn`t it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top