Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 04:11 PM

Donating food

My son's firm gave their workers a food hamper at Christmas.
He brought it over with him Christmas day to show me and to see if there was anything I wanted, but other than a packet of biscuits, there wasn't.
I thought about offering it to the Salvation Army as there are no food banks near me.
Has anyone got any other suggestions where I could donate all these goodies please?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 04:15 PM

Re: Donating food

Originally Posted by Mups ->
He brought it over with him Christmas day to show me and to see if there was anything I wanted, but other than a packet of biscuits, there wasn't.
I thought about offering it to the Salvation Army as there are no food banks near me.
Has anyone got any other suggestions where I could donate all these goodies please?
We donate to a food bank our daughter has an interest in being a vicar.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 04:16 PM

Thank you, but as I said, I googled it and it seems there are no food banks for miles around here.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I am sure that any homeless charity or one that helps the needy would happily accept it Mups. The Salvation Army is one of those groups, so probably a good choice.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 04:49 PM

They usually have places in supermarkets for food donations too Mups.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 04:50 PM

They have a box for donations at my local train station.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

27-12-2016, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
They usually have places in supermarkets for food donations too Mups.

Aha, yes you're right Pesta, I'd forgotten that. Thank you.

Myrtle Bit far to come carrying a box of groceries Myrtle.
But thank you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

27-12-2016, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am sure that any homeless charity or one that helps the needy would happily accept it Mups. The Salvation Army is one of those groups, so probably a good choice.
Hmm, yes, I'll have to sort it out over the next few days when more places are open again. Thanks Twink.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 05:12 PM

The food bank at our local supermarket was near the door and it was all too easy for someone to steal the food. Everyone who has food from a food bank should have verifiable proof they are in need of it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 05:15 PM

Our local waitrose has a collection point for the food bank it might be worth seeing if any supermarkets near you do or there is a box at the local train and bus station too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top