Join for free
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

10-10-2010, 08:06 PM

New CPR - please read, and watch the video

READ AND PASS ON!

You may have seen different versions of this
newer, easier CPR. But, this latest demonstration, from a doctor at University of Arizona, is by far the most simple and detailed one. Share it with friends/family. Even children should also be taught - you never know when they will face this type of situation. Every minute counts, so this simple CPR should be done immediately, and of course, make sure no time is lost in calling for emergency help.

Pumping air/blood towards the heart/brain IMMEDIATELY, can prevent brain damage when one collapses, or is experiencing some kind of a medical problem, (especially when they are not responsive) don't waste time - perform CPR right away. ( Thanks again, Juan Miguel ! )

This is a very important video regarding the latest CPR procedure. PLEASE WATCH IT!

This is a new CPR technique which is much simpler and more effective.

Please watch and forward to your friends and family if you haven't already done so.
You never know, a life may be saved utilizing this new procedure.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2010, 08:22 PM

Re: New CPR - please read, and watch the video

Thanks Topaz, but I'm always a bit cautious of medical advice 'circulars' doing the rounds on the web.

Personally I'd ring 999 and ask the explain the situation to the operator and get them to advise what kind of CPR to do - just to be on the safe side :-/
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2010, 09:38 AM

Re: New CPR - please read, and watch the video

On my last first aid course we were told that mouth to mouth was going to be dropped and that we would just be doing chest compressions.

I would have thought that you would still have to check that the airways were clear though

As they said something is better than nothing, all children should be taught basic first aid at school imo.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top