Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2010, 05:00 PM

Family Favourites

I come from a Family of five children, four boys and a girl. Our Sister was always Mam and Dads favourite and the rest of us boys resented her for this when we were kids but soon forgot about it when we grew up. She's our favourite now!
Have you ever been the Family favourite?.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2010, 05:05 PM

Re: Family Favourites

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I come from a Family of five children, four boys and a girl. Our Sister was always Mam and Dads favourite and the rest of us boys resented her for this when we were kids but soon forgot about it when we grew up. She's our favourite now!
Have you ever been the Family favourite?.
No definitely not! My mother is still asking herself where she went wrong with me!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2010, 05:20 PM

I think my brother (who passed away) was - and with good reason, he was a lovely person with a great heart. Everyone who knew him loved him - he was a bit of an angel none of us minded because we knew it was with good reason.

The rest of us were little terrors
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2010, 06:58 PM

No - I only had one brother (who I found dear a good few years ago now) who was 8 years older than I was. Mum preferred my big brother always and although I was a bit of a "Daddy's" girl, I wasn't a favourite!! Never bothered me though! Helped me stand on my own two feet from a very very early age! I hate favouritism though and perhaps that was the reason!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2010, 08:34 PM

We were all treated the same by my Mum and Dad. It was only later in life that I was told by my Sisters/Brother that I was always Grandma's favourite! Never realised it myself and don't know the reason for the favouritism, but they must have noticed it!
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2010, 08:12 AM

I got on the best with my maternal grandmother, whom I loved very much. She wasn't a cuddly granny, and later in life I discovered the others were a little afraid of her. But we got on well. She lived with us during my young childhood having her own set of rooms within our large house. I would escape there when in the deep proverbial with my parents to try to avoid the inevitable thrashing which my misdeeds usually incurred. The worst hiding I ever got was after a church party when I was 14. They saw me kissing a boy who wasn't what they considered my social equal! The sky fell in when I arrived home!
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

16-10-2010, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
No - I only had one brother (who I found dear a good few years ago now) who was 8 years older than I was. Mum preferred my big brother always and although I was a bit of a "Daddy's" girl, I wasn't a favourite!! Never bothered me though! Helped me stand on my own two feet from a very very early age! I hate favouritism though and perhaps that was the reason!

So sorry about your Brother Bradykins . That must have been awful for you to have found him x x x
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 07:59 PM

I was the eldest of two girls, but only by 18 months. Because I was the eldest I was expected to be the "responsible and sensible" one, which looking back was not really fair - 18 months wasn't that much difference. It seemed to me that my younger sister was the favourite one to my mother, because she always got away with so much more than I did. I was the awkward and difficult one who wouldn't comply, but had to carry the responsibility. My dad knew how things were for me and made up for it by spending a lot of his time with me - we were so much alike, where my sister was more like my mum and allowed herself to be a baby for much longer. Things always remained like that all through adult life. Funny thing that after my dad died it was me my mother turned to to look after all her business affairs and make sure she was OK, where my sister visited once a week for an hour or so and that was it. No regrets though, but I do think that whether you are oldest, youngest or inbetweeny affects how you are when you are grown.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top