Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 02:01 PM

Heartfelt Thoughts

For some of us this may be the first time we have been on our own today, even finding the day brings up memories that we may find hard to cope with.

I wish you all my thoughts, and hope only the best memories fill your day.

regards nom.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 02:05 PM

Re: Heartfelt Thoughts

What a lovely thread Nom.

It's true .. many of us will have a quiet moment of reflection over those who are missing today and for some, it's a very poignant emotional time, especially if it's the first time. It can feel empty.

For all those who are having a quiet moment or are on their own this Christmas.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 02:08 PM

One of the reasons I dislike Christmas is it is filled with ghosts from the past, people and places some too painful to remember .
Simpler times when expectations were low and small gifts meant a lot.

I guess you are saying it is the same for you Nom and I think that is so for many of us as we grow old.

Roll on 27th December when the whole overhyped nonsense of Christmas is over .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 02:09 PM

I have to agree ... I do like New Year and not Christmas. New Year is a new start.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
For some of us this may be the first time we have been on our own today, even finding the day brings up memories that we may find hard to cope with.

I wish you all my thoughts, and hope only the best memories fill your day.

regards nom.
Thank you, Nom. Not a good day for me, but I hope 2017 will be, for me & you & everyone.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 03:00 PM

I suppose it just another day in the calendar but ive found both good and negative thoughts can intrude, better if possible to hope for the former to hold sway. I have shed a few this morning reading some of the stories out there. Used to hate that feeling, but not anymore, at least i feel alive and aware.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 03:00 PM

I understand what you are saying Nom and, although we have probably all lost somebody we care about, it is much harder to spend Christmas day alone. My sister is here, but her boyfriend is seriously ill in hospital, so sharing this day makes it easier.
I would like to think that we would all have a friend on here, if we are alone and need one, and that is why I always sign in here every day.
I may not be a loved one but I can still send a smile and a kiss to anybody who needs one.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 05:14 PM

We had to cancel meeting with family today due to the fact that we have both been ill. Luckily, it's only temporary for us and we still have each other but it does give us a tiny insight into how it must feel to be lonely or left out at this time of year. It's the first Christmas I have missed in 53 years - something that I have always taken for granted I suppose.

It's nice to see that people still get together on here today even if it is just in a virtual way.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 07:35 PM

Twink of course you are a ' loved one', your sister loves you ,and your cats love you,Like Meg I shall be glad when the season is over,it has seemed like a long day. I have lost so many people I cared about,some near Christmas times Christmas doesnt mean anything, the tele has been boring,Ive flipped from channel to channel. But at least Im not alone like some poor people ,I have my son still,I have a SIL not too far away & could have gone to her,one of my nephews would have come in their car for me,and have our lovely rescue dog who enjoyed a little turkey with us ,on his first Christmas here.Maybe go to a sale tomorrow ,see what the weather is like
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 12:39 AM

A lovely sentiment Nom.

My heart goes out to anyone who has lost a loved one this year. The first Christmas on their own must be the worst thing ever.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top