Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 05:37 PM

The one that got away .........

Any regrets on the one that got away ?

Women share stories of the one that got away

http://dailym.ai/2hNFfYU

Women have shared their regrets about relationships that didn't work out
One woman said it was her boyfriend's friend who had first caught her eye
Another woman regrets not responding to letters from a holiday romance
Sometimes the timing is just bad – or you just don’t realise what you have until it’s gone.
Usually it takes some time before you realise that person was the one that got away.
From wistfully looking at their pictures on Facebook years later to holiday romances that ended a little too soon, women shared stories about their lost loves with Body and Soul.
One woman revealed her one that the one that got away didn’t go too far – and was actually her boyfriend’s friend.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 05:41 PM

Re: The one that got away .........

The only regrets I have are those ones I didn't act upon when I was happily married - the first time.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 05:52 PM

I only had one boyfriend and I married him 47 years ago. I have never looked at another guy before or since, not interested.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 06:08 PM

Yes, It happened to me!
I was going out with someone for a while and we were very close. We finished and l met my husband (ex). Two weeks, before we married, l met the one l had been close to and he begged me to cancel my wedding and marry him. I said, l couldn't do that and went through with my marriage. Not one day of my marriage did l not think about the one that 'got away' he was the love of my life and later, he told me l was the love of his life!
Thirty years later, l was divorced and bumped into the 'one that got away'. His life wasn't good, his wife was an alcoholic and he was very unhappy. I looked at him and l felt nothing and wondered what l had seen in him in the first place!
It's a funny old life!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yes, It happened to me!
I was going out with someone for a while and we were very close. We finished and l met my husband (ex). Two weeks, before we married, l met the one l had been close to and he begged me to cancel my wedding and marry him. I said, l couldn't do that and went through with my marriage. Not one day of my marriage did l not think about the one that 'got away' he was the love of my life and later, he told me l was the love of his life!
Thirty years later, l was divorced and bumped into the 'one that got away'. His life wasn't good, his wife was an alcoholic and he was very unhappy. I looked at him and l felt nothing and wondered what l had seen in him in the first place!
It's a funny old life!!
Strange isn't it.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 08:43 PM

I wish I had kept in touch with the firs boy I fall in love with as he was the only one who made my heart miss beat
He was tall and good looking just like Michael Angelo's 'David' but with clothes on.
He left the area and there was no contact for sometime.

Every day even when married, I thought about him and wished him well.

Years Ago it was not easy to trace people

It is when we lose someone in death, there is a wailing and a gnashing of teeth, because we did not say all the things we meant to say, did not spend enough time with them.

Carpe diem
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 08:59 PM

Only had the one and I'm still married to him. No regrets.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 10:35 PM

I had so many before I met Mrs Fox it's hard to narrow it down......Never been unfaithful to Mrs Fox since though...

I bet there are plenty who consider me the one that got away...
Lizzie Jones
Canada
Lizzie Jones is female  Lizzie Jones has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 11:21 PM

I had regrets but I'm keeping my story private.
Shadowman
Wisconsin, USA
Shadowman is male  Shadowman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 02:14 AM

Well, one of the ones that "got away" was dishonest and unfaithful. Another one turned out to believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible, was apparently not interested in a any physical aspect of a relationship, - - AND had a cat!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top