Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 05:12 PM

Would you wear a badge?

Badges will soon be available for people with illness's such as cancer. In the hope that if your a badge wearer on say the Tube or a bus and your standing someone will see your badge and offer you a seat. We can live in hope can't we?
Mind you would you want your illness broadcast to the world by wearing a badge?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 05:22 PM

Re: Would you wear a badge?

Surely, it will not be seen as a badge but a label?
I don't like seeing people labelled.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 05:23 PM

Certainly not - illness is a private matter. The only thing I would consider, should I ever need one, is one of those medicare bracelets/pendents.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 05:26 PM

What would be the next step? Their ailment tattooed on their forehead?
It's a dreadful idea.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 05:27 PM

No I wouldnt like to wear a badge broadcasting my illness to all and sundry...mind you there have been times while out shopping that I wouldve liked to have been able to sit down for a while in shops but theres been nowhere to sit.
Seeing as ive had both physical and mental illness no I wouldnt shout about either and in fact by wearing a badge you could put yourself in danger from unscrupulous idiots and criminals who might want to take advantage.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

22-12-2016, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
No I wouldnt like to wear a badge broadcasting my illness to all and sundry...mind you there have been times while out shopping that I wouldve liked to have been able to sit down for a while in shops but theres been nowhere to sit.
Seeing as ive had both physical and mental illness no I wouldnt shout about either and in fact by wearing a badge you could put yourself in danger from unscrupulous idiots and criminals who might want to take advantage.
I think you're right there! Aysa
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 05:46 PM

No, not a good idea. Sometimes in the case of cancer patients their bald heads or wearing scarves gives it away.
Badges are for conferences or political gatherings or if you are a stall holder at a fair.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 05:48 PM

TFL Transport for London are the one's that will be issuing the badges.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 05:59 PM

Hi

If I needed a seat I would have a badge.

Psychopath on day release.

Please keep your distance for your own safety.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 06:08 PM

Stupid idea.

Would badges be issued for cancer, dementia, or any other host of illnesses?
Who would take priority? What about sufferers who protect their privacy and wear no badge? A bit tough on them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top