Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 11:19 AM

why are we alowed to move around the UK

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1980/66/contents

Just had a look at the highways act and the rules and regulations are unbeleivable.
No wonder this country can't move foreward. This is just one MINOR law ,think of how many others there are.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 12:40 PM

Re: why are we alowed to move around the UK

71 Margins for horses and livestock.

(1)It is the duty of a highway authority to provide in or by the side of a highway maintainable at the public expense by them which consists of or comprises a made-up carriageway adequate grass or other margins as part of the highway in any case where they consider the provision of margins necessary or desirable for the safety or accommodation of ridden horses and driven livestock; and a highway authority may light a margin provided by them under this section.
(2)A highway authority may alter or remove a margin provided by them under this section.

Well, I never knew that.
devon56
London
devon56 is male  devon56 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 08:44 PM

Re: why are we alowed to move around the UK

Er, I can't see the problem and the law presents me with no problems in negotiating the nation's highways. Obviously I am missing a point here.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top