Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 04:27 PM

Would you Pay £212+ for a Restaurant Meal?

Would you pay £212.00 per head to eat in Michel Roux’s Restaurant ‘La Gavroche’?
It seems many will many will as last year's profits were….. £250.000.
Michel Roux is a famous Michelin Star Restaurant owner and former BBC Master Chef Host
Not content with charging the highest price for his menu, for some time he has been underpaying his chefs at La Gavroche £5.50 per hour instead of the minimum wage of £7.20
And… keeping all the Waiters tips as well, even though the Government advice is that all tips and gratuities must share with staff.

Of course he will not be fined or prosecuted, as he has friends in High Places who happily make him very rich by paying £212+ for his food. And..probably also underpay their employees as well
Wouldn't be surprised if he receives a Knighthood instead of a fine!
It is only the little Café’s who get fined if they did the same.

Even if a multi millionaire I would not frequent his establishments as matter of principle ,
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 04:30 PM

Re: Would you Pay £212+ for a Restaurant Meal?

I think you will find people who spend that kind of cash to eat are on expence accounts so don't actually waste their own money anyway ..... as if any grub is worth those kind of prices !
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 04:38 PM

No, I will not be ripped off by anybody. Paying over 200 quid for a blob of yellow stuff, a slither of sauce on top of it and a parsley leaf is outrageous.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 04:50 PM

I have done in the past...... £1100 for 4 of us.
Antibes aint cheap but this was ridiculously expensive and something I'd never do if I were paying out of my own wages......as Marmaduke mentioned...expenses.

I must also admit that a big % of the bill was booze.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 04:50 PM

I wouldn't even pay the £12!

I read that article and couldn't believe his greed. Those tips belong to the staff, not counting as his 'revenue'. I hope he loses custom now.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
No, I will not be ripped off by anybody. Paying over 200 quid for a blob of yellow stuff, a slither of sauce on top of it and a parsley leaf is outrageous.
I totally agree.

That amount money would feed many hungry jobless people, if you have it to waste.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

18-12-2016, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I have done in the past...... £1100 for 4 of us.
Antibes aint cheap but this was ridiculously expensive and something I'd never do if I were paying out of my own wages......as Marmaduke mentioned...expenses.

I must also admit that a big % of the bill was booze.
There is now a limit to the amount you can claim for expenses even if entertaining clients.
Unless you have a very good well paid Accountant
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 05:04 PM

Gimme a large Cod and Chips any day much better than those pokey little meals you get served in these so called posh restaurants.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Gimme a large Cod and Chips any day much better than those pokey little meals you get served in these so called posh restaurants.
Abso-bloody-lutely nail on head, Doc!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2016, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
There is now a limit to the amount you can claim for expenses even if entertaining clients.
Unless you have a very good well paid Accountant
It wasn't claimed on my business expenses....the client footed the bill.
I was the one who chose where we ate and he authorised payment

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top