Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2016, 03:32 PM

A lousy couple of days.

Hi

I have been away for a few days.

Arrived back yesterday to realise my MOT had expired, so had a find a garage quick to get it done.

Passed so, OK to drive home.

Arrived home to find a note from one of my neighbours, he has a history of depression, but a genuinely lovely man.

His wife has left for a week, told him to sort himself out.

He has been coping well, until he found her credit card statements.

The real tipping point for him was that Rachel died on Wednesday.

Rachel is the severely disabled daughter of my neighbours at the back of my house.

She was 22 years old, Mum had given up work when she was born to look after her, Dad gave up a very successful career to raise money for Charity for her condition.

Both myself and the neighbor used to sit with her to let Mum and Dad to go out for a meal from time to time, we had an affinity with her.

We could make her giggle, she has the mind of a child and a quadriplegic,

Yesterday was also my 65th, I did not expect to hear from my estranged daughter, but my son is also away and uncontactable, so did not hear from him either.

Life is not good, but I am eternally grateful that I am still alive and have things to give.

i am much better off than so many.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2016, 03:57 PM

Re: A lousy couple of days.

The best thing about having bad days is having the strength to cope with them Swimmy.
Almost 3 years ago my elder sister went out to celebrate her 70th birthday, with some friends. My younger sister was staying with me, as I'd had a small piece of bone removed from my shoulder. We had a phone call to say my older sister had collapsed and died so we had to care for her cats, arrange a funeral ( for which she had left no money) and empty her pensioners bungalow of her personal possessions... all in less than a couple of weeks!
We had to force ourselves to be strong, but we managed, and so will you. It is nice to help other people, but always remember to look after yourself first, and the rest will be easier to deal with!

Oh, and belated happy birthday wishes, just celebrate when you are in a better mood.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2016, 04:01 PM

Commiserations SF..(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))...Life can be a bitch at times but things will improve for You I'm sure..Belated happy Birthday..You're just a Young Thing after all .
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2016, 04:14 PM

As Twink says. Look after yourself first. I think most of us have lousy days and personal sorrows in our lives. It good to be able to pour them out to faceless friends. I hope you feel better soon.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2016, 04:41 PM

Hi Gibbs firstly a belated....

Life is not good, but I am eternally grateful that I am still alive and have things to give.
i am much better off than so many.
... please to see you are not dwelling solely on the negtive things around you
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2016, 04:48 PM

And a belated Happy Birthday from me too, Swimmy. x

You kept that quiet, it didn't show on the forum notifications!

About your current unhappy situation - remember no negative scene or situation in life, lasts forever. Tomorrow's a new day. x
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2016, 04:59 PM

Hi

Thank you all for your replies.

It is one of the best things about this site.

Even if you do live on your own, there is always support when you need it.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2016, 05:03 PM

Hi Swim I thought this might just raise a giggle from you ...lol..Happy Birthday! x

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2016, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Hi Swim I thought this might just raise a giggle from you ...lol..Happy Birthday! x

He kept quiet about posing for that Aysa.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2016, 05:07 PM

didnt he Mups ....its out now for all to see hahahahaha.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top