Join for free
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 12:18 PM

How does one 'steal' a whole Summer house???

An MOD spokesman added: "We take the security of our sites very seriously and have robust procedures to deter and prevent losses and thefts, which are constantly reviewed."

Seems their sites and procedures are not robust as this spokesman claims!!!

http://www.aol.co.uk/news/2016/12/16...m-ministry-of/
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 12:48 PM

Re: How does one 'steal' a whole Summer house???

Easy.....put it in the back of the 3 Land Rovers and minibus you've just stolen.

Security is all well and good.....until a would be crook identifies a weak link whici is usually human and greedy.
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 01:09 PM

During 1954 and 1955 I spent 18 months of my National Service in Singapore where there was absolutely no fighting. However, ‘up country’ there was the ‘insurgency’ during which self-proclaimed communist guerrillas were trying to drive the British out. The British Army was heavily engaged during this conflict. I used to hear frequent stories about the guerrillas using the latest weapons with which their UK opponents had not yet been issued. Accusations were attached to these stories about deals being made by which greedy individuals would enrich themselves thereby putting their fellow soldiers at serious risk.

I have no idea whether any of this was actually true.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
During 1954 and 1955 I spent 18 months of my National Service in Singapore where there was absolutely no fighting. However, ‘up country’ there was the ‘insurgency’ during which self-proclaimed communist guerrillas were trying to drive the British out. The British Army was heavily engaged during this conflict. I used to hear frequent stories about the guerrillas using the latest weapons with which their UK opponents had not yet been issued. Accusations were attached to these stories about deals being made by which greedy individuals would enrich themselves thereby putting their fellow soldiers at serious risk.

I have no idea whether any of this was actually true.
I'm sure you're right....not all soldiers are scrupulous and moralistic.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top