Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 04:23 PM

Trying to get a refund...

I sent back a package to Victoria Plumbing last weekend. It was a bath tap easy fix kit, but there were two washers missing. Cost me over £3 for postage, and the kit was £20.

Get an email today to say there is a washer missing, so they can't give a refund. They sent a photo of only one part (there are two, which is why the pack was heavy!), and yes indeed, there is only one washer. They didn't say about the second part of the kit.

There should have been four washers, but in a sealed pack we could only find two. Which is why I returned it.

Have emailed my comments, and also messaged them via their Facebook page, asking why I should lose money. They wanted me to claim from the courier but I've binned the packaging anyway.

What a to do eh??

Still waiting for the plumber to come back and install the pump. No more news. He was out doing a small job, I nipped out for some quick shopping, and now waiting.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 05:37 PM

Re: Trying to get a refund...

What? That is awful! I would contact the head of the company as l did recently when l had a complaint about an electric blanket. It was only then that l got a satisfactory result.
Don't these companies realise that it's occurrences like this, that stop you ever dealing with them again and you wouldn't recommend them to others. Thus losing them money.
I would fight tooth and nail, as in my mind, they have stolen my money from me.
Fight to the bitter end! I would!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 05:39 PM

I will fight it, Art. I had a reply on FB, and after requesting my order number they'll look into it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

15-12-2016, 05:40 PM

And no sign of the plumber! Or the promised 4pm phone call! Arghh. He said the shop owner had to go collect the pump as problem with delivery. Sometimes I don't believe these excuses.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
And no sign of the plumber! Or the promised 4pm phone call! Arghh. He said the shop owner had to go collect the pump as problem with delivery. Sometimes I don't believe these excuses.
Jazzi, Do you know what? I dont think you can rely on anyone these days! Honestly, how do they run their business and make a profit?!! ?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 06:15 PM

I dont rely on anyone either nowadays to do what they say will....they come out with excuses and say they will ring/email and then dont ,they have no intention of doing so ....makes my blood boil it really does!!
Shame the company on Twitter and FB and make it public so that lots of people will see it ....the company will hate that and hopefully sort something out for you to your satisfaction Jazzi..Good luck!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

15-12-2016, 06:25 PM

Thanks ladies. I texted the plumber awhile back, he texted back half hour ago saying he was driving. Still nothing from him. I don't know if he plans on getting to the shop to collect the pump, or what! Complained I didn't know what was happening, and I can't relax. Still sitting here in my old clothes and desperately want to put my dressing gown on.

A text or phone call, please!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top