Join for free
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2016, 12:28 PM

Who am i ?

Body on the Moor http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-38290146

Coleman says it is not unheard of to find no forms of ID on a body. But on such occasions, the police usually find it is just a case of matching the body with someone who is reported missing. Not this time.

Six months have now passed since the man on the moor lay down by the path and died, and still no-one has even the vaguest notion of who he is.

There is only a description - height 6ft 1in, white, slim build, receding grey hair, blue eyes, large nose which might have been broken.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2016, 01:08 PM

Re: Who am i ?

It's a sad world when someone is so alone they are not missed by anyone .
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2016, 02:20 PM

its 12 months today , and ive pondered over this for a few months , having read about it in the summer .
I also thought of posting it on here back then , as i think the more it is shown and talked about the more likely it is an identity will be put to this man .
They found a lot about his journey and a CCTV recording of him at the train station at London .
I would have thought by now someone would have put a name to him .
But perhaps he is from another country visiting England , he didnt want to be named but he did want to be found .
I have my own thoughts on why he went to that area to die , I think it was in some way connected to his past a loving memory of a wife or partner .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2016, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
It's a sad world when someone is so alone they are not missed by anyone .

I agree with you Susan.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2016, 08:42 PM

Perhaps someone is still looking for him in another Country but dont know where to start looking, we have many in this Country gone missing,family/ friends looking but unable to find them
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2016, 11:07 PM

I have been following events on the radio and the forensic people know an awful lot about this man named 'Neil' including the fact he had an operation in Pakistan.
They just don't know his identity.

Full story here including his journey..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/...b-c4fccd53dd24

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top